Nice one.
You know I am capable of being without.
“…Don't want to think about it
Don't want to talk about it
I'm just so sick about it
Can't believe it's ending this way
Just so confused about it
Feeling the blues about it
I just can't do without ya
Tell me is this fair?
Is this the way it's really going down?
Is this how we say goodbye?
Should've known better when you came around
That you were gonna make me cry
It's breaking my heart to watch you run around
'Cause I know that you're living a lie
That's okay baby 'cause in time you will find...
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around…” (What Goes Around, Justin Timberlake)
ON Thursday, I went to meet Adrian and Shuxiang for a movie, much to the chagrin of the latter’s girlfriend. Lauren was planning to catch that show too so I invited her to join us. Headed to Cineleisure on that wet day and we caught…
LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA






We soldiers dig. We dig all day. This is the hole that we will fight and die in. Am I digging my own grave? (Saigo)
LfIJ is a “quiet” yet powerful show. It is better than the commercially clichéd Flags Of Our Fathers and it has certainly more emotions. Eastwood is brilliant in this one. This old man is fast becoming one of my favourite directors. Another one has to be none other than my favourite aussie auteur…Baz Luhrmann himself.
A war show is a war show is a war show. I guess we all know what a war movie is trying to portray before we even watch it. It is up to the director to make it extraordinary. Think LfIJ is indeed one of those extraordinary ones. However I still love Apocalypse Now and Platoon…and Tora! Tora! Tora! … and Hamburger Hill… and Bridge Over The River Kwai…ah fuck it …give me all war movies.
But not Pearl Harbour and Black Hawk Down.
I don’t dig Josh Hartnett doing war.
School was a breeze on Friday. Hell, after Thursday’s madness, everything else was a breeze. Got the mother a little something. Well it is her birthday. But I am broke as hell (no thanks to contact lens) so I couldn’t give her anything more..yet. Next week.
Happy 49th birthday to the Mother.
May you stay healthy and well…prosperous!

Happy birthday babe.
May things go smoothly for you.
Stay optimistic and hey, all the best wishes.
This time round, it is different isn’t it?
Why?
Because your Junyi has proposed to you on your birthday!!! So yup…our dear Miss Wong is a year older….and will soon be married. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Ah…too much excitement.
Met Fairuz and Laura and we headed to Arab Street for supper just now. Havent chatted together for a long time. Glad they are still as funny. Fun to bitch and whine to one another about work. Ah….relief teaching.
Awrite. It’s 0500hrs and I need to be at HTA in 4 hours’ time.
Gah.
A thousand times goodnight, early-risers and bed-wetters.
P/S: Eh congratulations to all my babies for their good A Level results.
P/P/S: Bad? Don’t worry. You will be just fine.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment