Sunday was the overdued get-together (too late to be called a birthday dinner already!) for the September Moonies. The place was Simply Peranakan Restaurant at The Malay Village at 1900hrs. I was late...cause I overslept.
Overslept on a weekend evening?
Typical me.
Took a cab to Geylang Serai...stopping at SingPost to grab a cake and then I ran against the crowded Geylang human traffic to the place. It was 1935hrs and I hadnt broken my fast proper.
Anyway, the group was already there, sans Lauren, Grace and Sha (who's part of the Sept crew).
[Settle for those taken from my phone first]
The birthday babes with their respective partners:
Tini &
Joanne & Jason
Susan & Sean
(Missing: Sha & Alfie)
Nani and I were the Lone Rangers.
Here she is ... and my plate of chilli crab mess.
The food selection was nice. I like the carrot cake, chicken dishes, treasure chest tofu and of course, the chilli crab (which I think they should have more of). Pity the place was empty...kind of boring though. But ah, more food for me.
More posing.
Here are the September birthday babes.
Makciks and Nyonyas.
And here are the Pakcik and Ah Peks.
Sean, Ismail and Jay.
Okay, time for presents and cards. Susan got her Ipod FM transmitter, Jo got her *ahem*wedding PJs and Tini, Creative Zen Stone Plus.
All right.
Up next on Moonies Birthday Calendar is Ismail's birthday.
The boy wants a Best Picture Theme.
So far..I have Lord of the Rings, Gone With The Wind and West Side Story in mind.
Man...time for work.
Later.
P/S: Gandhi, Sound of Music and The Godfather are under consideration also.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment