Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tibanya Syawal...

Man...how tired I was?
I took every opportunity to fall asleep at almost every relative's house that I visited yesterday.
Actually, only managed to visit 4 houses. Even then, the whole family was so tired.

After work on Friday, I ran all the way home (from the MRT station). I wanted to catch the Hari Raya special on TV and also do a bit of cleaning - sibuk here and there.

Anyhow, this time round, it was less chaotic. The Mother managed to cook EVERYTHING in record time. By 2200hrs, the kitchen was spick and span. The house? The best that it, a 3-room flat, could be, I guess. Haha.

So this was how the house looked like. .

Rugs were thrown in after midnight...when The Brother came back from Geylang Serai.





Oh remember I told you that my bedsheet is a disgusting mix of tak-match colours?
Here's for proof.



Okay it's kitchen time.



The empty bottles...cookies yet to be filled.



Enjoy your last days
Cause tomorrow, you party in stomachs...
Or in toilet bowls.


Signature Hari Raya dishes: Oil and coconut milk in various forms.



All end up in the shitter too..hahahaa.


My "I-didnt-realise-they-are-blue" shoes


My shoe size keeps on increasing.

Er...just in case you've forgetten how I look like hahaha.
In my only 2 new simple pieces of Hari Raya bajus.





HARI RAYA - 13 OCTOBER 2007

I woke up late for the morning prayers and had about 15 minutes to spare before meeting Noreen. Anyway, she was with her hubby and parents and her mom and her managed to secure a space for me.

Here's us getting ready for Hari Raya prayer




We were sitting and waiting for her mother to finish talking to an old friend.
Rasa macam Indonesian maid, pulak.

It was quite heartfelt (as usual) being at the mosque. Pity the sound system wasnt working well and we couldnt hear the sermon properly.

After that, I bade Noreen goodbye and headed home ... stopping at Mr Bean's to buy dou hua and some bean cakes.

As if the food at home is not enough.


More Hari Raya visiting pictures coming up.
Now, more visiting to be done.

###

No comments: