Yes, mama's back, ya'll.
With a bagful of itch and drama no less.
We were supposed to take flight home (via Vancouver, Hong Kong and finally home) last Saturday at 2300hrs (Singapore time Sunday 1100hrs) but there was a horrid storm and our flight to Vancouver was delayed till 0330hr. It was followed by another gruelling long flight to Hong Kong, reaching at 1140hrs Monday morning (Singapore time). After some transit break (again), we finally got home.
My back is breaking due to all those long hauls.
But ah, it's good to be home.
Quick recap though: Friday saw us scampering to American Natural History museum and then strolling down Central Park till evening. I also like to note here that I almost died (okay...too harsh. Bleed to death, maybe?) because I was attacked by a
Lauren and I took our last night walk around Times Square after dinner while Rae and Clara got too tired to budge. Though I would miss the buzz and drama of this city that never sleeps (it's freaking true), I could not imagine being there for a couple of days more. I'd had enough and I wanted to go back to my "realm". And in my realm, services are more efficient, technology is more trustworthy and toilets are way cleaner. To think some people think that I am a 3rd world citizen. Hah!
Saturday saw us do our final stretch. We headed to the Grand Central (train) terminal, Chrysler Building, UN headquarters and walking the avenues. Did a last minute scramble around Times Square in the pouring rain. Soon it was time to bid the hostel farewell.
Awrite. The sun is waay up. I took half day today so will be coming to work in the afternoon. Shall go catch a few winks.
Pictures later.
P/S: Rae, Lauren + Clara, I accidentally threw away our list of "Most Dramatic Things that Happened During NYC Trip"!!!!
P/P/S: But then...who can forget the the Greyhound saga, the Amish (not Mormon) revisited, the Liberty fiasco, bystander Lysander stupidity and of course...the "Find the missing Lebanese" episode.
###
2 comments:
ahhh good to see you back!! cant wait for the pics and more stories...seems like you're having a ball.
yeah...a big ball.
Post a Comment