Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jesus went to NYC


I am in Buffalo, New York.
In a public library to be exact.
I am stranded.
The bus to Niagara Falls will only be here in 2 hours' time.
I should have reached there at 1100hrs.
This is how I got to be in Buffalo.
Listen...



Day 1 (Wed):
We reached our hostel at midnight..gone.

Day 2 (Thur):
- Headed to Empire State and check out the scenery at the top
- Walked my ass off everywhere else
- Shopped a little

Day 3 (Fri):
- Paid Liberty a visit on Ellis Island
- Paid Ground Zero a visit
- Checked out CBD area: NYSE, Wall Street, etc
- Shopped a little bit more
- Caught a Broadway production of CHICAGO (and all that jazz!!)

Day 4 (Sat):
- Got sun-baked down at Chinatown, TriBeCa and Soho
- Shopped some more
- Walked till my legs got all cramped up
- Girls caught late show of Sex & the City
- Did a little soul-searching in the room

Day 5 (Sun):
- Hey, it's Puerto Rico day
- Saw the parade down at Central Park (I blended in!)
- Checked out Guggenheim and Met musuems ... coolness
- Got caught in a rain at Central Park
- Stuck under a bridge at Central Park

Day 6 (Mon):
- The girls went shopping-mad @ Woodburry's
- My "alone" time; walked alone
- Headed to Musuem of Modern Arts (MoMA) and stayed for 4 hours
- Went to Starbucks, took the wrong drink...and ran off
- Found Carnegie Hall
- Sat outside Central Park to lepak and people-watch
- Found a shopping centre with Borders in it ... lingered
- Found Radio City concert hall
- Found Chrysler Building
- Found Wendy's burger
- Found Rockefeller Centre and lepak-ed again
- Headed back and met the girls at the hostel
- Checked out

Day 7 (Tues)
Now we're talking. After checking out of the hostel, we headed to the bus terminal to make our way to Niagara Falls. The bus left promptly at 0115hrs (Tues) and we had our first stop at Syracuse (some God forsaken town) at about 0600hrs. The bus was supposed to leave at 0630hrs but ... our bus driver didnt turn up. Yup, somebody was on MC or MIA somewhere!

So we waited...and waited..and waited. At 0845hrs, another driver came aboard and took us to Rochester and ta-dah(!) Buffalo. Niagara is supposed to be the next stop but due to the 2 hours delay, we have missed our bus and the next one will only bere here at 1400hrs. Isnt it wonderful? Haha

So yeah, that's my holiday in a quickie. I am breaking out in rashes, no thanks to the searing and dry heat. It's hot as hell in here.

Anyway, New York is a cool country. But no, I wont want to live here. It's madness and it's noisy all the time. The skyscrapers are crazy and traffic is obnoxious. It is colourful, no doubt but I dont think I can last more than 10 years here.

Uh huh.

So yeah...am gonna be in Toronto (that's in Canada by the way) for the next day and after that, will head back to NYC again. Thursday I shall have my "me time" again cause the ladies wanted to go MoMA and I had gone there already. I would check out the Brooklyn Bridge or something...or the mosque maybe. Am so tempted to go Brooklyn or Harlem, but I was warned that I could get mugged, raped or shot. Not in any particular order :)

Friday will see me heading to Museum of Natural History (a la Ben Stiller in Night At The Museum!)and then again to Central Park to lepak. At night, I think we shall go up the Rockefeller Observatory Tower. Saturday...last minute stuff and then in the evening, it's time to head home, ya'll!

Okay.
This is long.

I am eager to go home. I am happy to be on holiday but I realise there are many things I need to do. When I was at MoMA, I was so inspired by the paintings and exhibits. All the Dalis, Picassos, Johns, Gauguins...very inspiring. The movie clips and sound bites were all inspiring. I had an influx of ideas on how to make things work. And I wanted to share with my students. I hope I can stay motivated and excited when I get back next week hah.

All right.
Time to go and do other stuff.

...like scratch my itch away...

Later!


P/S: Noreen, are you awrite?

P/P/S: Pictures will come later!


###

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad u r having super time down there!! Got to say..kinda miss u. Guess no partner to "spam" the work shit. Not much happenings here still--no worries :p.
Enjoy the last few days of New York! :)

hersheychoc said...

u did the liverpool way - walked alone!!! hahaha! i am so proud of you!

best kan? *hugs*

GiGi - The Shy Giraffe said...

wah akak berani jalan sorang2 nasib baik tak kena rob or molest!! seems like you having fun. are things very expensive there?

Ed RockStar said...

shortcake: awwww miss me, eh?? i am coming back to work soon.

hersheychoc: tak banyak distraction and I get to think (like..really deep). i heard u're in bali...

gigi: yah! nasib baik tak kena rogol, liwat, rompak, culik (bagus melayu ku!). things are not expensive there if u have money (duh) haha.