Monday, June 23, 2008

Faith alone

It's still 0-0 (60th minute) now. I cannot take it anymore. The late nights are killing me and it's not like I can sleep the days away. At this rate, I dont care if Italy win this or not. Someone should just fucking score and get it over and done with. Another extra time session and *gasp* god forbid, penalty shootout will just make me go mad.

Of course I can choose to sit it out.

But the last time I did, Turkey and Croatia had a damn dramatic game and I kicked myself for not watching it.


...
...
...

My plans of chilling out and doing the occasional marking and cleaning up at home were thwarted. Yesterday was spent celebrating Lexie Grey's birthday and in the evening, I was too shagged out to do anything. Plus, I thought I had Sunday to recuperate.

How wrong.

Fell asleep on the couch after waching the Dutch blunder of a match. Yeah, couldnt gather enough energy to make it to the bedroom so I just stayed put and slept. The next thing I knew, it was almost noon.

The mother then dragged me to my relatives' houses (3!) because she needed to extend the invitation to the brother's wedding. By the time I got home, it was 2200hrs. I am just done with clearing the mess on my bed. Well, partially at least. The clothes had been occupying more than half of my bed so yes, I am tired of sleeping in a curled-up prawn-like manner.

Anyway...while busy putting clothes together, mix and matching for the coming office days, I was distracted by a video that the father was watching. So I peeped out and well, got hooked.



It was Ahmed Deedat giving one of his powerful speeches against Jimmy Swaggart. Comparative religion and theology being one of those topics I am greatly interested in, of course I dumped the clothes and watched the video instead. As a result, I still have to curl on my bed tonight. What the hell...

Dammit. It's still goalless. Work in 4 hours' time. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

A thousand times goodnight, believers and faith-healers.


P/S: I lugged work home only to lug it back to work again untouched.


###

No comments: