Thursday, June 19, 2008

'Til you do me right

Am having a freaking headache. Think it is the lack of sleep and the jetlag kicking in. Lack of proper sleep is due to the changing time zone and also...Euro, oh bloody Euro.

Mentioning Euro, Team Ikea couldnt win the important match against Russia early this morning and as a result, have to take an early flight out. Joining them, albeit different flight, are the former title-holder Greeks. Ah, not forgetting the toasted French of course.

Tonight will be another cruncher. Portugal versus Germany. I am rooting for Portugal to win this just because I want to see a Portugal vs Netherlands finale. That will be a good one. More sleepless nights till then...


Who's the biatch now?

Had a badminton session with a few colleagues last night at Yio Chu Kang and well, after not playing for more than a year now (has it been that long, Moonies?), boy I sure was rusty and lethargic. Terrible. By the end of the 1st hour, my right arm was not feeling its usual self. Great.

Anyway...

Yesterday I was told that I might have to teach Literary Appreciation for next uni semester. Oh my. I have to teach, among Woodsworth's and Coleridge's stuff, 2 books - Aunt Julia & the Scriptwriter and The Lover. The latter was made into a movie in 1992 starring Tony Leung and Jane March. Uh huh, that erotic steamy one about a 15-year-old French girl and her sexual awakening with a 32-year-old Chinese dude.

Now, where can I find the erotic exotic artistic film?





So yes, I'm going to talk about erotica in class. What's next? Story of O? Boy, I sure have come (hah!) a long way from teaching Shakerspeare's abridged versions of Romeo & Juliet and Macbeth in Mandarin.

"San ge lao nu ren.
Da men hen evil.
Sha sha sha!
Hen duo xie, hen duo xie!"


Pure madness.

..
..
..

Rewind many many days ago, on the 1st of June, Meiling and I started the Sunday with a morning free screening of Get Smart. It's entertaining in a typical formulaic way. Steve Carell is charming so hey, no love lost.

After that we both met Sharinah at Marina Square to celebrate her birthday. Girlfriend turned 30 recently and we headed to Sakae Sushi to give her a lunch treat.

Yes, Ed ate sushi that day. Wooooo.






Yes, I managed to stay clear of seaweed, sashimi, salmon and squid by eating everything else. Oh, and lots of edamame. Peas....

Meiling gave Sharinah a necklace with a 4-leaf clover pendant for luck. After lunch, we made our way to the Singapore Flyer...erm, my birthday present for her.




Hope you had a good time.

After Singapore Flyer, we hopped over to Esplanade and had some ice cream down at Haagen Dazs. Soon I had to fly cause I was meeting the Moonies down at Serangoon Road to celebrate Grace's birthday.

But more on that later.

It's almost 1400hrs and I need to start on work!


###

No comments: