Monday, July 25, 2005

The Miseducation of Hakulani Kai, the control freak

A new interest. We may hee-hee-haa-haa-ed. But I did listen.

My friends (or at least Mail and Sha) think that I am a control freak. I really don’t know what gives them that idea. When I want to get a grip on things, I’ve been called a control freak. When I don’t give a hoot, people say I’m jaded lah, bo chup lah, heartless bitch lah, no feelings lah, stone cold lah...

I really cant recall when or where was I being a control freak on them.

1. If I want to go watch a movie which no one wants to watch, I’ll watch it alone and I’ve never kicked a big fuss.

2. I have never dragged anyone shopping. In fact, I rather do it alone.

3. I have never depended on anyone to go travelling or do any activities.

4. In group work, I am more of the skiver than the leader.

A bit sad lah…my good friends say this about me. But oh well. I am really squeezing my brain as to think when and where had I become a control freak. A freak, maybe. A control freak?

Possible Control Freak Moment
- Back in poly when we were doing the fucked up newspaper project (the one with the Mac table drama which I fucking missed it)

- During badminton (but I didn’t think I was as bad as mail..)

- In planning activities / gatherings…for this, I have nothing to say. It’s damn hard to organise something and come up with something that everyone agrees with. But then again, at least I tried. Maybe I shouldn’t bother.

Now I’m being petty. Tsk tsk tsk. Knock head against the wall.

Aiyah. Fuck what other people say lah…friends or foe. You are, after all, your own person. Maybe I don’t take comments well…but that’s really my bad.

I am really in need of an escape. A sabbatical break. There is the KL trip in August. Wait, I did a proposed itinerary for the rest. Ooh, what a control freak! Then in December, the fellowship and the moonies wanted another holiday. Okay. I can only afford to go to one. If a situation where I have to choose occurs, I’ll have to go with those who suggested the holiday first. I am using emotional blackmail. Ooh, what a control freak! I should really sap my soul and give it a good wash.

Anyway...I think I can do a trip in January. CY, I need your advice.
Do you know the way to Kathmandu?

I’ve got another confession to make
I’m your fool
Everyone’s got their chains to break
Holdin’ you
Were you born to resist or be abused?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?

Are you gone and onto someone new?
I needed somewhere to hang my head
Without your noose
You gave me something that I didn’t have
But had no use
I was too weak to give in
Too strong to lose
My heart is under arrest again
But I break loose
My head is giving me life or death
But I can’t choose
I swear I’ll never give in
I refuse

Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Has someone taken your faith?
It’s real, the pain you feel
You trust, you must
Confess
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
- Best Of You, Foo Fighters

Au revoir, Lance Armstrong.

But a silver lining is looming…

Charity Shield is approaching and that means only 2 things -The English Premier League is returning and that my clubbing sessions will be reduced…or wiped out.
Then I will have sit in front of my telly and hold the remote control, being a control freak that I am.

###





18 comments:

Liamxi said...

Please take note that this is my attempt to clarify and perhaps cheer you up and put this into a brighter perspective.

Aaww, c'mon, I didn't mean to hurt you with my comment last night.

In all honesty, I said those comments in jest and wasn't feeling ill-will at all. What I meant by you liking to control stuff, is that you are good in getting a grip on things and you are always making sure (and prefers) everything to go smoothly. No negative attachment there, at least to me. To me, you are the go-to person for me and I believe almost all your friends, which is indeed, a likable quality to me, regardless whether you are able to accept that or not. So take my comment positively.

And yeah, I guess like what you said, maybe you don't take comments well. But remember you also make comments to people too, so don't lose sleep over my comment. Haha, you even commented to me last night, that I am "damn naive for a 25-year old". Other people might be hurt, but for me, I take that as an innocent comment, cuz to a certain extent what you said was true about me.

And Mona, as good and close friends that you and me (and the rest in the gang) are, you know that it's only natural that we feel this comfortable to each other that we are hurling abuses, comments and insults to each other non-stop. At least for me, I know of numerous insults and comments I make about Sha, Jason, Nani, Lauren and everything is said in jest/for fun. Haha, we always scold and insult each other, cuz, at the risk of sounding mushy, you know what, we love and care for each other.

That's all, haha, sorry for hogging your comments section...LOL

hersheychoc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elyse said...

Control FREAK? *lmao*
Pardon me, I had to laugh.
Forget about it gal.
At least you are not being called thinngs like goondu, stupid, bla.. bla.. blaaaa

Kathmandu? U seriously thinking of going there? Alone? Bon voyage!

Lil Miss Freckles said...

wah, what happenend? i missed out on drama last nite?

hersheychoc said...

all i wanna ask is one thing: when did i say that??! coz for the life of me - i can't remember saying those words!

specify time and place man..

since i can't remember, u know what it means?

that if i DID say it - then it was done in jest. *hugs*

sorry if it gave u a sleepless nite.

Liamxi said...

yes, *hugs* from me too. :-)

Liamxi said...

And by the way, Lauren, there was no drama, it's just a comment that I passed while we were all laughing and chatting and I remembered Mona staring at me in disbelief for like one second followed by Sha calling me, "Biatch!" and then we all resumed talking about sex and other stuff, haha.

Anyways, apologies once again if you are still hurt...it was in jest.

hersheychoc said...

it was coffee club ah?? which part, which part?!! i remembered saying bitch to you but was it because u said the C word??

mati! i can't remember lor!

Liamxi said...

Yup Sha at the coffee place, you, me and Mona were talking. You called me, "Biatch!" instantly after you heard me commenting the 'c' word about Mona. But now I can't even remember why I said that and what brought me to say that, can't remember what topic we were talking about at that time. It's all out of fun and was just in jest.

Anyways, let bygones be bygones... :-)

Ed RockStar said...

wahlao..i just put it on my blog...as usual, everything written here will be washed away. and yes...i've heard of names ppl give me. but when mail said "Control freak" that was a first. Of course tercengang lah...

Ed RockStar said...

A control freak is something that i vow never to be. my dad is one...to me, it's the most fucked up character a person can have.

Ed RockStar said...

hmm..i didnt lose any sleep lah. In fact, i fell asleep on my sofa at 2 while watching Little Britain.

anyway...weewee..i dont know. i am looking for places to go. not too near...not to far.

hersheychoc said...

i remembered liao! i was talking abt playing singles on the badminton court. and mona seconded my suggestion and mentioned she like to have control of the whole court while playing..

correct??

oh well in all honesty too, sometimes aku tercengang with the jibes and name calling we all can come out with. some in jest; some in pure revelation.

i guess we all had experienced both; especially the hurting latter.

but yeah as friends, i know u guys meant well. so i hope it goes vice versa.

please note: i relly enjoyed yday's outing - karaoke and chilling on beanbags at TCC!

Anonymous said...

*points to comments above*

Obviously no one thinks that you're a true control freak and I guess from your latest comments, you're feeling cool about it now.

I'd still say my piece though.

Mona, I think you have leadership qualities.

Having leadership qualities and being in control are interlinked. If you're always losing it (like some ppl we know), you can't be a leader.

Like liamxi says, you're "good in getting a grip on things and you are always making sure (and prefers) everything to go smoothly". I'd agree with that. (That's a compliment.)

P.S. We're all eternally grateful to you for doing the thankless task of planning the KL trip and therefore, as a token of gratitude, I'd buy you ribena when we go clubbing over there. :P

Anonymous said...

Oooo Kathmandu... *dreamily*
I remember the men there. So handsome...

hersheychoc said...

to think i nearly went kathmandu last dec.. darn!!

watever CY said *points above* - i agree!

hersheychoc said...

meh meh??!

Ed RockStar said...

meh meh meh..