Friday, October 21, 2005

I’m No Superman

I swear if I see Zach Braff having sex on screen, I’ll have a seizure and faint. Sha, did he have sex on Garden State?


Out of Scrubs, he can look so twerpy. Hmmm…do I like him, or do I like Scrubs?


Anyway this is just the bloody Season 1, 10th episode. God, The show is in its 5th season already, lah! Okay..I shall restrain myself and not read the spoilers for all of the seasons. Obviously, I’ve just discovered the joy of watching SCRUBS regularly. I love you StarWorld.

And erm…JD will sleep with Alex in the next episode. Prepare to have seizure, Mona.


OKAY. FREAKING ENOUGH ABOUT SCRUBS ALREADY.

Erm. I’ve read all the synopsis and spoilers for all the SCRUBS seasons already. Loser.


Okay.


I have a dinner date with Weiling and Noreen tonight. We are going Chinese..to a certain Chen Fuji which I haven’t heard of. But with Noreen, I can trust it’s halal. So yippee, no freaking pork and lard. However, I hope the place is not posh or anything. I’m so not dressed for it – nike tshirt, denim skirt, outlandish belt and my totally beat up hole-y Converse sneakers. I have Adidas, Tommy Hilfiger, Nike and Puma sneakers…why I am still wearing these disgusting ones, I have no clue.


My sister brought back her first box of pizza last night. She made it herself and she said "Take just one piece only har!" Oh...just because you've earned your keep, you can boss me around? And your pizza tasted bland and soggy. But it was better than the mother's bland fried rice. She was busy making chocolate cookies to cater to my ..ahem..needs.


Anyway a conversation with Lauren…somewhere earlier in the week


M: My sister always has boyfriends. See…even my sister has a boyfriend!
L: (pats M’s back) Buck up, Mona. Buck up.
M: (defending herself) Ah..dont tell me to buck up. You get married first then you can buck me up.
L: Hah..I’ll give you xxx (a guy’s name).
M: (horrified) No way! I’ll rather convert to Christianity and become a nun!!
( Then in the same breath, look up to Heaven and wink at God, saying “I’m sorry. You know I was just joking.”)


Oh..hang on. I’ve got a phone call. *poof*


*poof* Back.*poof*


Okay…my..a phone call full of hope. Am I feeling lucky? Got a call from OCSC and was told that I was qualified to work in Australia. Dammit, I’m sure almost everyone is qualified to work in Aussie. They wanted me to come down to their office tomorrow…but being a woman with deadly plans, I can only meet them next Saturday, lah. It gives me a week to think about it too.

Okay now I have this stupid tune. Get out of my head!

Travelling in a fried-out combie
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said...

"Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover"

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six-foot-four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said...

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover"

Lyin' in a den in Bombay
With a slack jaw, and not much to say
I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me
Because I come from the land of plenty?"
And he said...

"Oh! Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."
- Down Under, Men At Work



Anyway…the reason why I chose Aussie was because I had been there before, studied and lived there. Dammit. I should have been more adventurous and tried for US or UK instead. Moron. Oh well…see how it goes on Saturday. Deep down, I think I went for Aussie because it’s just a 6-hour flight home. Again, loser.

Oh well.

Nothing much to do in the office today. I’ve sent all my work to the production team…and that can only mean a week of mindless waiting…and reading books which I can never get to finish. I’ve read many half-a-fictions and came up with my own endings. Hell, it’s more fun that way.

So…I’ll spend my Friday snug in my big chair. I shall read non-fiction stuff…things I know I can finish…like this maths book on my table and erm…Cleo…and all these language books. Okay…on second thought, surfing the net is less of a hassle.

Or I can come up with the important financial budget. Afterall, it’s payday tomorrow.

Did somebody say “payday”?

It’s PAAAAYYY DAAYYY!!

###

No comments: