But do I care? Obviously, no…


Saw Shan Wee and Howard last night at Shaw Towers. Didn’t have the guts to say “hi” because..well, I am a freaking meek lamb, ok? And I cant believe Shan is 2 years younger than me. Tsk tsk tsk. Lauren egged me to take a photo with them. No..I rather sit half-naked in the middle of Beach Road in last night’s pouring rain, blowing a didgeridoo to the tune of Damien Rice’s The Blower’s Daughter.
Anyway…got this from Lauren’s blog. The one in coloured italics are my comments.
“it was a 7.30pm (yesterday, Thursday 27th Oct) movie at jade at shaw towers.. i was late.. the bus took some time to arrive and the traffic at paya lebar area, in short, it's horrible.. anyway, mona was kind enuff to get meiling to buy me some popiahs first since i would not have the time to grab dinner before the show.. she herself was late coz she went home to break fast and change..
while waiting for her, i saw shan wee and howard from eye for a guy 2.. the former's very cute, and very tall.. the other one, well, his shoulders looked so squarish it looked as if he had a hanger inside his tee (but he still looks charming anyway) .. anyway, they looked a funny duo with their disparity in height.. (oi..i’m also short what..)
this being some 98.7fm free preview thingy, luckily they had the standard answer-questions-and-win-movie-posters gimmicks, so we weren't late in the end, the show (or rather the commercials) started not long after we got seated..
the show's so-so only.. kelly preston's gorgeous, but the plots so darn cliche, and several lames scenes too.. but this being a disney production, what to expect? but the peace character in the movie, quite a dishy dude..
it was pouring when we all came out from the cinema.. everyone's stuck inside the building and as usual, the taxi booking lines are all engaged.. Mona went to starbucks to buy caramel macchiato when she spotted shan and howard inside. But stupid her was too chicken to approach and say “hi”. Bummer. After hanging around for a good 30mins (or more than that?), mona managed to grab us a cab.. the cab was heading for woodlands, and mona stepped up to ask if he will go to amk instead.. he agreed and we all hopped on..
meiling had her fren (read: a singaporean guy) with us as well, and since he lives in amk too, all 4 of us shared the cab.. when we first got in and told the driver where to go, the driver mentioned that's he only going to 1 place in amk coz he's actually off work already.. and he din expect so many of us going to 4 different places in amk.. fair enuff, so we were thinking of a common place for us to alight that will convenience everyone.. but meiling's fren, let's call him EGO, said it's ok, he will get the driver to drop us all off...
while stuck in the jam along cte, the driver again brought up the fact that he will drop us at one place coz he's really tired blah blah.. whether it's the truth or not, we dun care.. we (the girls) were just glad to leave shaw towers. Mona was glad too! She was only to happy to leave. But EGO got miffed and started arguing with the driver that he should send us all to our destinations.. that even though it's 4 different drop-off points, they are afterall still in amk.. the driver said he's really tired and he was driving since the morning.. the EGO then said if that's the point, he (the driver) should not have picked us up in the first place.. of course the driver said he din know there were so many of us coz initially it was only mona who went up to ask him.. (Mona was on the verge of tears and was trying hard to suppress it. She began to sink deeper into her seat and wish it would swallow her up instead.) The squabble was going on for quite a while and EGO got me sitting up when he said it's a matter of principle.. whose principle? HIS coz he had earlier said he will get the driver to drop us all off? or the driver, who when we first got on had already told us he's only going to one place in amk finally we sitting at the back had enuff and the usually meek mona got up and told the driver it's ok, and we will tell him where to drop us off later..
honestly, i really dun see what's the fuss about (Yeah, what’s the freaking fuss?) .. first of all, the driver already put up the sign indicating he's heading to woodlands.. and he already told us his intentions the moment we got into the cab.. i do think it's fair if he does not want to drop us all off at our 4 different locations.. secondly, what's this about a matter of principles? come on, if the driver's tired, gimme him a break then! if he's really tired, i'll rather he drop me off and i make my own way home rather than his tiredness overcome him and we get into an accident along the way.. besides, i'm so glad to leave the shaw area, anywhere is amk is good..Yup and mona was so afraid that the cabby would lose his concentration, skid off the road and we all ..never mind.
can u imagine EGO is the typical singaporean guy? am i expected to settle for a typical singaporean guy like him? not to mention looks, which he is so not worth mentioning, but he's so eww! i have no words to describe him!
how ironic it is that we were to hear this song (Mona pointed this out. She said “How poetic. We are stuck in this cab, in this jam, listening to this song.”) on the radio in the cab amidst the heavy rains..
"I can make it through the rain
I can stand up once again on my own
And I know that I'm strong enough to mend
And every time I feel afraid I hold tighter to my faith
And I live one more day and I make it through the rain"” –> Lauren's entry, off her blog
Yeah boy!
On my way home, I “berated” Meiling.
Me: Why didn’t you say anything?
ML: I did! I stopped him at first.
Me: Yeah but he went on and on. I was about to cry. Hah.
ML: I was so embarrassed. I almost wanted to jump out when we were at CTE.
Me: But you shouldn’t have kept quiet. He’s your friend.
ML: I was speechless. I didn’t even dare to look at Lauren. I was so pai sei!
ML: My God…Thank God he’s not my friend.
What show did I watch again?
Hah.
Have a great weekend, people. It’s the last fasting weekend. Maybe Zouk next week
That is, i can live till next week.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment