Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm a lil bit country, I'm a lil bit rock n roll

The snowflakes fall as winter comes
And time just seems to fly
Is it the loneliness in me that makes me want to cry
My heart is sad, like a morning dove
That's lost its mate in flight
Hearing the cooing of his lonely heart
Thought the stillness of the night

Whispering pines, whispering pines
Tell me is it so
Whispering pines, whispering pines
You are the one who knows
My darling is gone, oh he's gone

And I need your sympathy
Whispering pines send my baby back to me

See that squirrel up in the tree
His mate there on the ground
Hear they making call of love
For the happy nest they found
Is my love, still my love, oh this I've go to know
Send a message by the wind, because I love him so

Whispering pines, whispering pines
Tell me is it so
Whispering pines, whispering pines
You are the one who knows
My darling is gone, oh he's gone

And I need your sympathy
Whispering pines send my baby back to me
- Whispering Pines, an old country song

It has been ringing in my head for the past few days now…one of the saddest country tunes ever. Wait, country tunes are mostly sad. What are you talking about? Must thank Juanita for introducing me to a world of country classics. I love them to bits. I cant wait to have my own house (or at least, my own proper room) where I can have my Sunday afternoon country moment. Just put on my country records (yeah I do have country LPs!) and cds and haha..probably start to mop the flour or clean the house or something. Pure domestic bliss!



Oh oh..congratulations to Susan and Sean on their engagement!! An outdoor wedding sounds grrrreat! Oooh I hope I am invited. And Jo and Jay…all the best for the St Andrew’s Cathedral wedding too, yeah? I’ve never had the chance to attend a wedding at St Andrew’s…and I think it will be fantastic. Why do I feel this urge to get a gothic dress for their wedding? Ah, I love church weddings and I blame Hollywood for that.

What's the worst that I could say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight (Helena, My Chemical Romance)


The weekend went whizzing by but it was certainly one of the most uneventful weekends of my life. Apart from being all hot and sweaty, I suffered a deep feeling of malaise. I guess the heat had gotten into my head. Sleep was laborious, eating was boring and tv didn’t really have much nice stuff on it. Parents were having a weekend marathon of Indian movies…Tamil, Hindi, Punjabi, Malayalam…etc. Well they kind of do this every weekend. I can now roughly tell the differences between a Punjabi movie and a Tamil one, a Hindi and a Malayalam one… but one thing that is common: When the singers open their mouths, the females all sound the same, and the males all sound the same. Yes, even though they sing in different patois. That’s pa-twa…not pa-toys.

Seriously now…

What is the root of this silent depression? A muted protest? Okay I am pretending.
I know why. Stop my pretending.


I was all right for a while, I could smile for a while
But I saw you last night, you held my hand so tight
As you stopped to say "Hello"
Aww you wished me well, you couldn't tell

That I'd been cry-i-i-i-ng over you, cry-i-i-i-ng over you
Then you said "so long". left me standing all alone
Alone and crying, crying, crying cry-i-ing
It's hard to understand but the touch of your hand
Can start me crying

I thought that I was over you but it's tru-ue, so true
I love you even more than I did before

But darling what can I do-o-o-o
For you don't love me and I'll always be

Cry-i-i-i-ng over you, cry-i-i-i-ng over you
Yes, now you're gone and from this moment on
I'll be crying, crying, crying, cry-i-i-ing
Yeah crying, crying, o-o-o-o-ver you
- Crying, Roy Orbison

No. I am not crying over someone…for someone… with someone. This heart’s just want to wail, you know what I mean? I guess it’s true, then. Country music really soothes the savage beast.

Hi.
F/25.
Loves country music.

Haha. Freak.

###

No comments: