Monday, June 27, 2005

Rubber duckie...you're the one


Your Slanguage Profile

Canadian Slang: 50%
New England Slang: 50%
Prison Slang: 50%
Aussie Slang: 25%
British Slang: 25%
Southern Slang: 25%
Victorian Slang: 25%


Prison slang..Hah. That’s a good one.

Argh!

My jawline area is itching. I think the 2-in-1 BodyShop cleanser and Hazeline Snow face cream that I used last night consecutively cannot gel well with each other. Thus, a reaction happens. Just my luck.

And if you think that’s bad, get this. I stepped on dog’s poo and lots of mud on my way to work. Guess what? I was wearing my pretty new shoes. Argh! Life’s a bitch and it’s out to get you, I tell you!


Yeah tell me about it.

That’s not all. I just found out from my HR people that for Saturday’s work on covering the NDP rehearsal, I can either claim time-off in lieu or transport money. Why cant I claim both? Whatafuckingfuck?! How can you make me choose between time and money? Between 4 hours and $7.70? Mind you, I endured hunger and thirst for 4 bloody hours! This is so unfair. It’s not like I sent myself to go to the rehearsal. Bastards! This weekend, I will be sent to Le Meridien Changi Hotel. I know it will be leisure time, but I think I will claim time-off in lieu of 24 hours. I don’t care. If I have to deal with clients, it is still work to me.

Urgh! I’m a pissed-off, scratching monkey.




You are funky, outdoorsy, and down to earth.
While you may not be a total hippie...
You're definitely one of the most free spirited people around.

You are very impulsive - every day is a new adventure.
However, you do put some thought behind all your actions.
Still, you do tend to shock and offend people from time to time!



Friday saw me alone at Bugis Junction. Walked around before making my way to Suntec City. Mango sale was terrible. Bleurgh! Irritated women, excited women, obsessed women, rich women, hopeful women, lost boyfriends and husbands, gay best friends…there were all there. I went in only to step out immediately. At about 2045hrs, Betsy called and we met at Plaza Singapura. We shopped and then we walked down to Orchard Road which, as usual, was freaking crowded. Finally had our dinner at close to 2200hours at Cineleisure. Had pasta and yumma-rama ice cream..ate and chatted till we both got damn tired.

Gym plan was thwarted on Saturday morning because I thought of doing the Retail Asia assignment. But I woke up late at 1100hrs and decided to buy toiletries and lunch instead. Then at 1600hrs, I headed to Padang for the NDP rehearsal. I TOOK A CAB THINKING I COULD BLOODY CLAIM.I don’t care. They have to reimburse it.



Joined the moonies after that at Apollo Centre for some wailing session. Read
this to find out more. Nani and I caught the Sister Act bug and became the black back-up singers..a la Gospel choir, minus the black robe and big hair. Then Jay did his rendition of Alex To’s Tuo Diao, complete with gyrating hips and lewd gestures. It brought the house down, man…so much so that a repeat performance was demanded.

Supper and talk-cock session by the Singapore River took place after that. Slept at 0530hours on Sunday and obviously, I couldn’t wake up early for gym. Lauren, Nani and I finally made it to the gym at 1530hours. After more than a month of gym inactivity, we wanted to call it quits after the first 20 minutes.

Anyway..


”Not at all, you are competent enough to try something more challenging anddifferent. The stage in Sg for English user is much more wider than thislittle pool. Try your best.”

Xuewei e-mailed me a job opportunity. That was so sweet of her. I have to thank Waikiki (oooh Waikiki pizza! Yummy!) also for relentlessly e-mailing me all those job offers. One of them is the one at Retail Asia. Thank you ah Ah Pek!



Oh well.

I have already e-mailed Retail Asia the assignment. I dare not expect anything because most of the time expectations are just…expectations. I’m hoping for the best but if it doesn’t work, hey, there are many other chances, I guess. I just need to find them.

In the meantime, I need to make sense of my life.

Oh…my brother has unofficially moved out. Yaye, good for him!

Were you laughed at by your friends
And were you lost for words when everybody finally told you
What they thought
You can't keep up with the trend
It makes you lose but somehow everybody
Always makes up in the end
Oh, was it something that I ate
Oh, didn't even touch my plate
Oh, suddenly I'm feeling great
Do you like me now

Leaving home, life was never good to me
Leaving home, I smell the morning air
Leaving home, life was never good
You can work it out we're leaving home

I could hear them through the door
As people came in laughing at the way
They acted when they were alone
And an argument can start with nothing more than this
To be the light and leave you standing on your own
Oh, am I doing it again
Oh, I'm a loser now and then
Oh, and I smile at everything
Do you like me now

Leaving home, life was never good to me
Leaving home, I smell the morning air
Leaving home, life was never good
You can work it out we're leaving home

Hope I like the life I find when I leave everything behind
I hope I'm sure I've made my mind to go and leave home

Leaving home, life was never good to me
Leaving home, I smell the morning air
Leaving home, life was never good
You can work it out we're leaving home
- Leaving Home, Jebediah

Good for you, kid. Good for you.

P/s: Pak Wim is on leave. He is heading to the US...he is going to many states and one of them is Missouri, the birthstate of Mark Twain. Wanted to ask him to get me something of "Mark Twain memorabilia" but i was too shy to ask. Oh well. Guess I have to go there myself.


###

No comments: