Monday, June 13, 2005

This is la vie en rose...


Laut mana tidak bergelombang.
Bumi mana tidak ditimpa hujan.


My right wrist is acting up quite badly too. It hurts and I think I need to eat the painkillers later. The doctor gave me those magic pills for my hurting foot but I’m taking it for my hurting wrist. I think it works for every aching thing, including the heart. That’s why people overdose on painkillers.

Painkillers. Arent these thingamajik a miracle?



Snapped at both Inn Tian and Betsy earlier. I’m so sorry now. But I certainly wasn’t just now. We were arguing about the Batman Begins tickets just now and it came naturally - my glare and that don’t-fuck-with-me voice. Refreshing, isn’t it? Am okay five minutes later though. Even gave them an apology email. I guess, I don’t hold to any emotions long. Yes, I have a problem.

I am finally… a Jedi. I will finally be a Jedi Master, fitting of Qui-Gon-Jinn, when I turn 35 and if I am still single.

Went to Sharinah’s place yesterday. The intention was to discuss her wedding. But I ended up frying chicken…getting my clothes all greasy and chicken-smelling. Ok I didn’t mind helping. But when they pushed the dirty dishes to me, I was quite fuming inside. Lucky Sharinah was like a sister to me. If it’s not for her, I would have scolded her mother and her sister upside down, inside out, top and bottom. I would have recommended an “elope” wedding instead.

When the soon-to-be groom’s entourage of 3 people (what kind of entourage is that?) left, Sharinah and I ended up cleaning the kitchen while the rest of her relatives sat in the living room discussing every aspect of her wedding…and never a single bit asked her for her opinions. Sharinah was so upset. I was upset seeing her so upset. Then her sister and her younger brother came home. The sister, in all her bossiness, “scolded” Sharinah as of why was the kitchen still “sticky”. I was furious (inside, duh!). we had been in the kitchen since 1330hrs and there you were at 1530hrs bloody commanding us what to do.

Then Sharinah and her sister discussed about the wedding decor and all the void deck planning. Sharinah had already engaged someone to do it. But this @#%$%^ sister came and spolt everything, citing her friend could supposedly do a better job. Sharinah was in a spot because the person she engaged was her boyfriend’s uncle. Plus, she had already confirmed everything already. She was arguing with Sharinah in the kitchen and my poor poor friend was on the verge of tears. She gave me that see-this-is-the-kind-of-shit-i-deal-with-everyday look. I finally understand. I finally saw it.


I really respect you. Seriously, you ARE the almost-perfect woman.

I was supposed to meet Liah after that and Sharinah sent the greasy me downstairs. Within that short walk, she vented her frustration. I was getting worried about it too. She was going mental and I couldn’t really ease her situation.

Oh well.

Met Liah and heard another relationship stress-call. No no..they are still together but somehow things aren’t that rosy. I heard this before .. from others’ love experiences. And usually, I know the outcome. However, I spoke to her about patience and understanding each other. Looking back, it is hilarious. I’m the single one here and here I am dishing out love recipes. I am beginning to suspect that all Aunt Aggies are fat, old and unmarried people.

Liah was sweet. Think we both are booking a room at Conrad for Sharinah and her hubby. Our wedding present for her. And oh, she’s planning to take Sharinah and I to Hilton KL in September. I need to tell Sharinah!

Man.

Writing is therapeutic. Sadly, cant say the same for YG lately. Now, I am feeling old and lounge-y. Yeah, yeah…anything but hardworking.


Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose
Il me dit des mots d'amour
Des mots de tous les jours
Et ca me fait quelque chose

Il est entre dans mon coeur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause
C'est toi pour moi

Moi pour toi
Dans la vie
Il me l'a dit
l'a jure pour la vie
Et des que je l'apercois
Alors je sens en moi
Mon coeur qui bat


Hold me close and hold me fast
The magic spell you cast
This is la vie en rose
When you kiss me heaven sighs
and tho I close my eyes
I see la vie en rose.

When you press me to your heart
I'm in a world apart
A world where roses bloom
And when you speak
Angels sing from above
Everyday words seem to turn into love songs
Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be
La vie en rose
- La Vie En Rose, Edith Piaf



Lovely.

###


No comments: