Monday, June 20, 2005

It only seems like yesterday...

I asked betsy if she wanted to go for lunch just now. She said she was on half day and couldn’t join me. Right. Guess who did I see having lunch with Maureen and Joanne at the CD HQ just now?

No I am not bitter. Okay, just a teensy bit. But if you don’t want to eat with me, at least next time, come up with a better lie lah. Stupid.

*breathes in..breathes out*

Done.

No point getting pissed at idiots. No qualms about it.


25 things to do before you are 25

1. Fall in Love.
Maybe..maybe not. I have no idea. Love is hazy and I have no recollections..

2. Ride a bicycle.
I remember the first time…Disastrous. There was blood. Haha it sounded like a “first night’.

3. Swim.
Passable..but not a fantastic aqua kid. My coach did mention that i was naturally "streamlined" though...yeah a fat fish.

4. Kiss someone.
Sadly, I have.

5. Ride a motorcycle.
Pillion, dey, pillion.

6. Have a night out with your friends - just talking.
Of course!

7. Try alcohol (and realize that getting drunk is just not worth it.)
I ate Rum n Raisin ice cream without knowing (I was young lah!)..also ate Tiramisu cake. Those were the times I had ever tasted anything with alcohol.

8. Learn to play a musical instrument - at least “trying“
Recorder, pianica, xylophone, marimba, metallophone, guitar…erm..the gong?

9. Play your favorite game for a whole day.
Monopoly? It went on for the whole night..till 8am. Does that count?

10. Read "The Godfather" and "Love Story".
I saw the movies…Does that count too?

11. Learn to cook.
I have this natural ability of not learning..but to dare-devilishly cook anyway. Otherwise, I’ll read the recipe.

12. Skydive.
Not yet. An eye doctor once said my eyes might not be able to take the air pressure and if I were to sky dive or do bungee, the eye balls could drop out. But now, I think he was kidding. Either that, I should wear a pair of goggles. That way I can keep my eye balls for souvenirs.

13. Watch the sunrise.
Blah..many times. Though I wish I was in bed. I guess it’s because I haven’t got that special homosapien to watch it with.

14. Resist trying smoking-you will thank yourself for the rest of your life.
Wanted to try in Primary 5..chickened out and never tried it again. Smoked shisha when I was 24 though.

15. Go to a rock show.
BLUR! SUEDE! Okay…they are not really RAAAAWK but hey, Brit Rock is rock too. Ah yeah..

16. Trek - Climb a mountain.
Erm..Mount Ophir..and some obscure ones in Malaysia.

17. Smell a Rose.
Sweet. Checked.

18. Shave your head or grow your hair extra long.
Have never shaved it..and my longest pre-25 hair was I think back in sec 2….

19. Write a poem/song.
I have a whole collection of those…damn angsty shit.

20. Drench yourself in the rain.
That’s normal.

21. Eat the cheapest meal you can find.
When I was in secondary school, liah and I would share a $2 plate of Indian rojak and a mug of sugar cane diluted water. What to do…we were struggling students back then. Erm..now I’m still struggling.

22. Gate-crash into a party.
Nope. Too cool for that. Tak kena invited, cakap lah!

23. Go regularly to the gym for at least three months.
I did have a “calling” when I was 19…

24. Learn your favourite song by heart.
Duh. I even know not-so-favourite ones by heart too.

25. Walk a mile - alone.
Ok 1 mile=1.6km. That’s peanuts! Of course I have! Hello, 2.4km anyone? 12 minutes, mind you!


Man...Those were the days of being before 25.

###

7 comments:

Elyse said...

What happened between you and B? She seems to be 'avoiding' you lately?

Ed RockStar said...

avoiding me? no lah she doesnt avoid me. it's just a one-off thingy...she's still one of the great friends around here.

Anonymous said...

... I don't think it's deliberate. If she read this blog, I betcha she'd rush to your table and apologise profusely many times over.

Did you come up with the list? Nice! Except I'm waaay over 25 *cries*

Ed RockStar said...

i hope it's not deliberate. yeah lah..i know b is not that spiteful.

felt pissed, anyhow.

Ed RockStar said...

waaay over 25? well 30 is a good number too.

Anonymous said...

I know. I would be pissed too if it happened to me (not like it didn't). You need some anime loving. Want to join us today?

Ed RockStar said...

Thanks...but i need to finish that HISTORY OF THE WORLD book. It has been a while since i finished reading a book.