Friday, April 29, 2005

NBSS Speech Day

But first, more on the weather.

The heat is making my hair all frizzy, wild and unmanageable. Because my hair is dry like twigs, I am so paranoid that it will catch fire and…



I woke up at 0740hrs to an irritating phone ring. It was Meiling, who was already waiting for me at the MRT station. Holy cow! I was late! I was late! Argh!

Met her at Yishun at 0830hrs and we rushed to Northbrooks. Luckily we managed to get there by 0845hrs, 15mins before the parade. We went over to the squad, which was commandeered by Fulong. My kids, though perspiring like crazy, all looked so smart in their usual blues. Then ML and I took our seats and got ready to catch the ceremony.


Volatilis Tamen Radicalis.

My kids were the first group to march out and I daresay, the best. Great coordination, great strides, all in unison. I was so proud. My only wish now is that we be the Guards-of-Honour next year. We show the rest that we are kick-assed qualified.

And oh, with great pleasure I am announcing that Northbrooks Secondary School Unit has won bronze for the Overall Unit Proficiency Award. My alma mater Mayflower Sec took almost 10 years to get that award and NBSS got it in its 6th year. Needless to say, I am very very overjoyed.

Oh I got a Friends Of The School Award just now. For building a strong NPCC unit. Aisey.


And no…I still haven’t packed.


By the way, HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY, BABSY..BESTY, PETSY..BETSY! Thai dinner with the gang(bang?) tonight and after that, they want to go singing and drinking. Me? Go home and pack. I've got a flight to catch at 0800hrs.

Later.

###

No comments: