Nenek, Mona datang. Mona datang, Nenek.
Grandma, I am here. I am here, Grandma.

Was at the cemetery around 1000-ish with my mum, sis, cousin, auntie and uncle. they had bought a weekend car, a Hyundai Matrix, and took us to Choa Chu Kang. Anyway. the first pitstop was at my maternal grandpa's. but we couldnt find his plot so we went to look for my granny.
I was engulfed with grief while reading the surah yassin (Quranic verses) and well, thank God my sunglasses (Guc-fucking-ci..haha) hid the brimming eyes. I "talked" to her and summarised my life 15 years after she left. I know she knows what is happening in my life but i have to tell her personally (though they were barely audible). I confessed that I had done some things which I was not supposed to do but i told her over her grave that I would definitely try to change because I too, dont want to be ashamed and disgusted with myself for the rest of my existence.
Mom and auntie put flowers and poured rose water over the grave and we decided to make new dapur-dapur for her. I think I am going to chip in...i dont have much to offer but maybe I'll get my brother to give $50 too so we'll pass $100 to my auntie. My bro and i were after all...her favourites.
Went to look for 3 other graves - Kak Koya (cousin), Wak Komeng (uncle) and Tok Tohid (paternal grandpa) - but we couldnt find them. spent close to 1.5 hours going round and round and it totally sapped our energy. The sun was getting scorching hot and i was beginning to itch due to all the lalang-bashing. I was also getting irrtitated at my aunt and mother because they both talked as if they both knew the way. but of course they didnt know. I had to bite my tongue and refrain from biting their heads off because i am at the cemetery after all. Must respek the dead and the peacefulness of it all.
Okay..so we couldnt find the 3 graves. We decided to go back to the very first pitstop to look for my maternal grandpa's grave. We all split our ways with my auntie and i went to look together. After about 10 minutes, my auntie got tired and she said:
Bapak, bapak kat mana? Keluarlah bapak.
(Dad, where are you? Come out dad)
A minute later, my aunt spotted a blue grave (we had passed it but didnt really notice) behind a tree and asked me to check it out. I braved the lalang and itchy plants again and saw the name - Haji Misban Bin Abdullah - and started to scream "Here! Here!" I read the verses again and after i finished, I "talked" to my grandpa. I told him how I am now 25 years old .. 23 years after he last saw me. My auntie and uncle decided my grandpa need new dapur-dapur too so she decided to fork another $300. God bless them both. I have to chip in. I havent done enough for this family.
I will. I will.
We finally got out of the cemetery at about 1330-1400hrs. No yoga or gym for me. I was so dehydrated, sweaty and itchy. Plus i didnt think i could make it for the 1430hrs yoga class. Headed to IMM for lunch (or was it breakfast?) and just took a walk-around. Left the place at 1600hrs and my uncle sent us back
Nani, sorry I couldnt make it to the gym. Thank God, we ended the conversation. If you had pushed me harder into going, I would have been really really pissed.

Reached home around 1630hrs, changed..fell asleep until 2030hrs. Couldnt watch the beginning 10 minutes of Man U versus Newcastle because me mom was watching some malay show. 4-1!! The boys are back.
Awrite. Another work week. It's pay-day week. Going to Ting's house this week..need to get something from her mom. Also need to borrow haversack from Sharinah..need to change money and stuff. It's the 18th already...12 more days to LONDON!!
I was a stranger in the city
Out of town were the people I knew
I had that feeling of self-pity
What to do? What to do? What to do?
The outlook was decidedly blue
But as I walked through the foggy streets alone
It turned out to be the luckiest day I've known
A foggy day in London Town
Had me low and had me down
I viewed the morning with alarm
The British Museum had lost its charm
How long, I wondered, could this thing last?
But the age of miracles hadn't passed
For, suddenly, I saw you there
And through foggy London Town
The sun was shining everywhere - A Foggy Day (In London Town), Fred Astaire and Judy Garland / Michael Buble
Oite...it's 0300hrs and Destiny's Child (think it is just Beyonce) is having some Girl-talk blaring at the background. Have to sleep now. So, a thousand times goodnight good people.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment