Thursday, June 30, 2005

A lesson on friendship...

My sister lost her wallet (or purse..whatever) just now. Apart from being afraid of telling my dad about the lost IC and the CSC card, she was very upset about losing her $16. That amount may mean nothing to most of us...but to my sister, it means a lot. She has been saving for her best friend's birthday which is on 30 July. She gets $5 a day and for the past few days, she spent $1 each day and kept $4. Sigh...her elder sister can learn that from her. My poor sister. All because she had to take a dump badly...

Sharapova and Williams ..that ought to be a good one. I still cant believe i slept through Brazil and Argentina...my 2 favourite teams ever. To think i actually took leave on Thursday partly so that i could stay up and watch the match. Chao chee bye!

Accompanied Sharinah to the hospital this morning. She had to remove the stitches today. We waited..and waited..from 1145hrs to 1345. The proceure itself took a mere 10 minutes. I was already at risk of running late for the interview at 1600hrs. REached home at 1500hrs and had to raid my wardrobe. I left the house 30 minutes later with a top which i then realised to be a bit too low. It wasnt intentional. Honest!

Anyway...

The interview was ok. I didnt have any expectations then and i still refuse to acknowledge any hopes now. Andrew Yeo, the Don, said he had 1-2 more other interviewees and he could only tell me early next week. Todelee doo..

I told him abut how i was offered a job as a PR person for the Taman Warisan Malay Heritage Museum. I said i had to turn it down because it wasnt really my thing. He said:

"No..why not? You have the personality..bubbly, charming, humorous. You would have done great."

Sheesh. If I dont get this job, at least i know within 45 minutes, i managed to leave a good impression on the boss, the publisher of Retail Asia magazine and Asian-Pacific Broadcasting magazine.

Back to the rat lab again later. Thank God it's Friday. Going to Ubi has been getting quite a bloody drag. Why...? Why cant i just love what i do?

Another colleague has tendered his resignation yesterday. Good for him and i hope he will be happy at the new workplace. Farewell greetings? I save it for one more month,ya?

nani's sms: im going on sat. u goin?
me: This wkend is out. Got to work.
sms: Huh working on wkend?
me: ya from changi village hotel
sms:Oh yeah e one tt im not invited!
me: yup that's the one


Ok..give it up already, ya? I would love to invite all of you guys with me but i cant. i would like to say deal with it, but i wont. i cant just bring 1-2 and ignore the rest. It's not fair. Hope you understand.

Sigh..weekend's burnt for this stupid stay. Was initially looking forward to it, but after receiving some bad crap and new workload from Richard yesterday, i really dont feel the mood. I knew it! The increment was given in exchange for my soul. To feed the devil.

Hiak hiak. Hiak hiak. Hiak hiak.(Heh, i just feel like doing that Beavis & Butthead noise.)

Oh by the way, WAR OF THE WORLDS was sooo cool. Only grouse: Not enough voice-over narration. OKay..another grouse: Ending a bit..a teeny bit lame.

3 enjoyable movies in 3 nights. i think it's time to give my pockets a break. A BIG break.

Oh fuck... Fantastic Four is out next week.

Movie slut!


Aye me. A thousand times goodnight, dream makers.

###

8 comments:

Elyse said...

Who? Who is leaving? *chuckle*

Ed RockStar said...

heh..go ask around. not hard to know, really.

Elyse said...

By the way, just remember ur previous post. An increment, finally?!!! *lmao*

Ed RockStar said...

oh yeaaaaaah!
it's always nice to see some progress, isnt it?

Elyse said...

It's better than getting pay freezed every year!!! *lmao*

Ed RockStar said...

I dont mind my pay freezing at $20K.

Elyse said...

Yah, $20K per annum is more like it... *lmao*

Ed RockStar said...

you've got me wrong.

$20K a week...