(1 hour later)
Confirmed. The Boss-Woman didn’t let me go. But, the Supervisor-Man told me this: Worse come to worse, we take leave and go. Hold on. Did he say, “we”? Firstly, about the “plan”, tell me something I don’t know (read first para) and secondly, “we”? I know the letter states “you and your fellow colleagues” but you want to go with me? Thirdly, you are bringing the marketing guy along? I mean, Nico is fun but erm, now you are making a joke out of this invite. Anyway, I am left with 6 days of leave. Anyway, with or without my supervisor and marketing account manager, I am set on going. So wow… Thailand in July.
Anyway…before I forget,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEONG MAY THENG!
And…HAPPY 27TH ANNIVERSARY TO MY NUTCASE PARENTS.Great dinner, man!

All right
| You Were Actually Born Under: |
![]() You have an artistic temperament that makes you seem creative to some, eccentric to others. You avoid conflict at all costs, and you have a difficult time with relationships. Attractive and with good manners, you tend to shine in social situations. You are most compatible with a Pig or Rabbit. |
You Should Have Been Born Under: |
![]() You've got a ton of energy - and need plenty of room to roam. You tend to follow your whims, and it's hard for you to stick to one thing. Specific jobs, loves, and friends are always changing and never a part of your life for long. Very intuitive, you tend to know what people are thinking before they say a word. You are most compatible with a Dog or Tiger. |
The training camp in Pulau Ubin was crazy and the heat was almost unbearable. We reached the campsite at about 0930hrs on Monday and we were already drained out. My school was logistic unit so we were the ones in-charge of amenities, food ration, tents and other miscellaneous stuff. And since it was the first time Area 3 was having 2 simultaneous camps (Sec 2s and 3s) in 2 campsites (Kg Bahru and Kg Noordin), we Logistic CIs (Richard, Zhilun, Shashita, Fuxiang and I) had to run up and down roughly 800m of tarred slopes pushing trolleys of food, blankets, jerry cans of water.
I’m kidding. We’ve got the cadets to push the trolleys.
Anyway, at 1500hrs I was told that the co-ordinator assigned me to the waters. In fact, all of the Mayflower CIs were in the waters, be it for kayaking or rafting. i wanted to be at the rafting side but a female instructor was more needed for kayaking. It was freaking hot but thank God for sunblock. I cant say the same thing for my hair though because wearing a visor didnt do any help. I need to get a nice cap man. I used to wear fisherman’s hats. Now I think they make me look retarded.

I am not really a certified kayakist (kayaker? kayakisian?) and I only kayak like what..less than 5 times a year. So naturally, I can be quite “gabrah” instructing others. Thank God no one was drowned though my single kayak almost overturned while I was paddling to this wayward double-seater kayak with 2 jokers on it.
Second day I was assigned to the Land Expedition team. Great..just great. Out in the hot sun for 2 sessions, bringing lethargic teenagers all around Ubin. Great.
The land expedition was brain-frying. Yes, the canopy of a myriad of trees provided the shelter but walao eh, it was still burning. Add gigantic mosquitoes which wouldn’t leave you alone and unruly, lethargic kids. Boleh jadi gila! After the morning session, we headed back for lunch and then we resumed activities with another group of unruly and lethargic kids.
That night we had a barbecue. We had too much food and there were so little instructors (most on the other campsite at Noordin). So we had to stuff ourselves even though it was way past midnight. Chun Ping, the “food” instructor, bought live prawns and he threw them on the pits. Of course there was a lot of squirming by the prawns and a lot of shrieking by Aishah and me. But hah, they tasted good. Then we had a debrief which lasted until 0300hrs. Try going through that with a heavy stomach and heavier eyes. I fell asleep during the meeting. DUH!
Barely 3 hours later the Logistics CIs woke up to raise flag, prepare breakfast, cook green bean soup and of all things, eat pineapple cocktail. None of the other instructors were up. Damn, them. Sleeping so soundly in cool rooms. As it got brighter, work came hard and fast. By 1000hrs, we were out of the campsite and walking to the jetty.
I guess that summed up my Ubin adventure this year. Usually, there will be 2 sessions, one in June and the other in either November or December. But since HQ decides to combine both Sec 2s and 3s together, this will be my one and only Ubin camp this year. Unless, I want to go to the Area 2 ATC with Northbrooks in July.
Dough dearth comes early this June so I wont participate in the Great Singapore Sale. It’s ok. There will always be next time, right? Right now, I am kind of looking forward to the Thailand trip…even though it is a field trip to a paper factory. Well, it is paid for so I shall not complain. I’ve been moving a lot so far this year. And I have been having lots of fun (minus the chicken pox period) so much that I am neglecting my mission of finding a new job. Job. That reminds me: I need to ask Kelen when is my sponsored weekend stay at the Meridian Changi Village hotel.
Oh…I heard YG is sending an editor to Japan in November for an event. I am not a sucker for Japan BUT if you let me go, I promise I stay till then.
Why do I like to run away?
Distant faces with no place left to go
Without you within me I can’t find no rest
Where I’m going is anybody’s guess
I tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete
Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Baby, my baby, it’s written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake
I try to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete
I don’t mean to drag it on
But I can’t seem to let you go
I don’t want to make you face this world alone
I want to let you go
I try to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete - Incomplete, Backstreet Boys
I thought they were dead, along the likes of Take That and NKOTB. But ah, like phoenix rising from the ashes, they are back. Anyway, this song…ouch.
Later.
P/s: Yes..my MSN has a virus. Will TRY to rectify it tonight. If I cant, I guess, it’s time my MSN go like my Friendster…to obscurity.
###


4 comments:
I miss UBin
go and visit man...it has become so visitor-friendly. it's a good-and-bad thing lah...
u r goin to bkk in july, so is lauren... im envious... i wana go too!!!!
Even IF i go, it will be on a business trip. but oh well..it doesnt matter.
Anyway,
oi, you've just come back from Korea what..
Post a Comment