
My right wrist is hurting so much, it hurts when I type.. This is bad.
Fell asleep while watching football and chatting online. Didn’t even read the “trade information” and my documents were scattered in my bedroom. Guess I was that tired. But then again, it was already 0300hrs. At 0400hrs, I staggered to the tv, switched it off and went into my room…wanting to sort out my resume and all the documents AND to read the notes. Well, it was wishful thinking indeed. I fell asleep on the cold hard floor with the light on. At 0730, I woke up frazzled.
Anyway…
I was sorting out my documents just now and I looked at my result slips. What a lousy student I was. From an A student in PSLE, to a B student at O Levels , to a C student in poly, to a D student in Uni. The latter was the best because in ECU, a ‘D’ denotes a Distinction. Sigh…poly results were the worst. But phew, I did have a few saving graces there. I forgot that I had a ‘B’ for Public Relations…hmm, why wasn’t I in that line?
Then I remember…I hate dressing up and I hate to say nice things. Then why was I in radio? Simple. I like entertainment. I’m an entertainment whore. And besides, I wasn’t Mona Wahab when I was on air. I was Akila, Princess of the Radio Waves. Okay I'm just talking cock.

I love working with the record player. Some said if I play certain songs backward, I could hear satanic messages. Bullshit. I tried on the supposed songs..i heard garbles.
And this was my favourite weapon of mass destruction.

Anyway…
Though I didn’t do well academically back in poly, I did well socialising and having fun. It was all crazy…but it was hell of a fun period. Man..i missed the mini-jamming session at the mac tables..the porn-surfing at the mac labs (that was crazy and dangerous..but fun)…that single touch-rugby game we played in the middle of nowhere…that ridiculous picnic we had in the field under the hot sun..the parties at Zouk..my early morning radio editing sessions with The-New-Paper-Woman Eri, Diana and Ernita…where I grew dazed and ended up strumming my guitar at a corner of the studio singing songs about Eri fucking her boyfriends…the scary movie production where everything went wrong…the other movie production with scary people with a lot of fake blood…
…my scriptwriting class where I didn’t understand a hoot what Burslem was saying because I couldn’t understand his Aussie accent, my MASSINA class where I didn’t understand a hoot what Kalinga was saying because I couldn’t understand his Sri Lankan accent, my TV lessons because Ziggy the lecturer always talked about irrelevant stuff...
..Jerome Lo and his thick American accent and Shankar with her superdry humour during marketing classes…Mrs Pek Choo with her i-cant-be-bothered-with-you-glamour-monkeys attitude during computer class…Mrs Choo with her irritating blinking eyes during Professional Prep class..Jenny Low with her bitchy remarks during advertising class…Susan Wells with her witchy nose and boring manner in human comm (the irony)…Keith Wells with his hilarious humour and distracting belly during mass comm. class..the british Dawn Gay (no she is not a gay lord or drag queen) with her irritating high-pitched voice and her Baywatch-reject wardrobe during my radio class…
Aiyoh! Now I know why I didn’t do well. I was soooo distracted!
And oh yeah…those photojourn lessons. I remember being fucking alone in the dark room for the first time and I was so frigging scared. But yeah…Photojourn and Radio Productions were the best subjects I’d taken back then. I took scriptwriting because hell..it was the easiest.
Wimbledon
Philippoussis should just quit tennis forever, He is one of the useless, most space-wasting players ever, together with Anna Kournikova. At least, Anna is pretty and has a slurpy boyfriend. So I guess that makes the Philippussy dude worse off than her. Yes I used to think he could make it BIG. I was wrong, ok! ARGH! Useless ex-Paris Hilton lover.
But well, Safin played to a perfection. Ditto Federer. Ferrero (ooh chocolates!) was impressive too. Lleyton Hewitt was entertaining but I was so cheesed off by his Aussie supporters. Made so much noise! I pitied the opponent. Come on...this is not Aussie Rules.
Girls-wise..no doubt the stars are #1 Davenport and Sharapova. But I had 4 favourites:
Clijsters, Mauresmo, Myskina and Kuznetsova.
Confed Cup
Brazil got through. Phew!
Sports..sports..sports (btw Michelin SHOULD reimbursed the people) on TV and not enough sleep. And I thought I could spend more time with my bed when the EPL’s over. Dream on.
All right.
Got to read the notes.
Then, NDP briefing at Expo at 1330hrs.
Then, interview later in the afternoon.
Wish me luck, lucknow.
###
6 comments:
I saw Life after Baywatch the other day. Maybe they shld have "Life after being Poly lecturers" prog. Who knows, Dawn Gay may upgrade from Baywatch wannabe, and Mrs Choo got corrective surgery done for her over-blinking prob!
ger, u missed out 'pig disguised as a zebra' susanne chan..
aww, that's quite mean what u said abt susanne. but she's actually quite nice
i can't even remember i said that... but i must be damn mad at her to say that, for sure..
Hah..forgot about her! I didnt mention her subject either..Research Methods. God i hate that class.
nani...yeah..maybe Mrs Choo got Lasik.
so how did the interview go?
Post a Comment