Thursday, January 04, 2007

Burning down the highway skyline

First day of school ended with a meeting and a revelation of the work load that is ahead of me. Wow. Smashing pumpkins!


Must.Get.Sharper.Jawline

Wore the purple Mary Jane heels and urgh, after 2 months of heel-hiatus, it was pure hell. At the end of the day, I couldn’t even walk properly, let alone climb the flight of stairs. What? Don’t wear heels? But they make me feel powerful…until I stand and walk.

…and until I stick a plaster over the blister…

I reached home at 1700hrs, read the papers and went to bed, totally unconscious. Woke up and realised it was already 2230hrs. Where did the day and night go? It is 0300hrs and I am disappointed that that I couldn’t catch Grey’s Anatomy on StarWorld cause the father decided he wanted to watch a Bollywood DVD.

Oh well.

On Tuesday, I met my author and he brought me to a coffeeshop in Arab Street and treated me lunch. He planned to take me to Hajjah Maimunah (or something like that) place to eat but it was closed. So we ended up at another famous eatery…Sabar Menanti or in English, “Waiting patiently” at Kandahar Street nearby.



Lunch was long. I kept wanting to doze off. My author is a man with many stories and yes, they are all interesting. But I was just god damn sleepy. Met him at 1230hrs and we finally parted at around 1630hrs. I took a walk to Bras Brasah Complex and checked out the stores there. Hmm…interesting.

Continued walking after that. The initial plan was to walk from Bugis to City Hall to take MRT. But ah, the mood kicked in and I walked on.



The tree is in SMU grounds. Very strange. It’s like the tree is placed in a centre of a sitting area, waiting to be revered. I can imagine Plato, Socrates and many Greeks sitting around it in togas.


I finally saw the National Museum. And well, I had to go in one more time. The first time I went there was when I checked out the Cartier diamond exhibition. I didn’t have the chance to check out other stuff. So yeah…I went in.





A lot of the exhibits require a ticket to get into the exclusive rooms. I was too cheap poor to get a ticket so I just stood outside and watched. I did find some free displays and exhibits…like these flying lanterns, some local cartoons/animations and wall video displays.




There was also a Maria Theresia - Mother Empress of Habsburg Austria exhibition. Didn’t go in. 'Nuff said.


Such history did she make!
Oh she was the Queen of Hungary and Bohemia and was also the mother of Marie Antoinette.


Anyway…I ran out of places to roam.



A time capsule?
Did you remember this?
I cant seem to remember what is inside.
I think I read it somewhere before.
Anyone remembers?





And soon, I was done.


What bulbous nose.

That was what I did on my last day of freedom…the day before the daily grind begins again.

A thousand times goodnight, happy feet.


P/S: CY is making me sing Celine Dion’s Because You Loved Me at her wedding this Saturday. Guests better run or hide under the table and refrain from choking on shark’s fin.

###

No comments: