Thursday, January 04, 2007

The devil's water is aint so sweet

Faintable.

I left the house early today but the feeder bus made me wait for almost 15 minutes. I could have been real early today. Oh well there's tomorrow.

Had my first Literature lesson of the day. Introduced Romeo & Juliet to the Sec 2s and well, it wasnt that shabby. Removing the fancy and old exterior, the kids could jolly well understand the essence of the story...a universal love story. So yeah, it was a good lesson. But then, I had one of the better classes. Ah, segregation.

The next lesson wasnt as fortunate. It was an English lesson and it was the first time in my entire life I had ever taught English. I had 3 periods of explaining on how to write and read an information report. The kids...well, I had them last year and so I kind of know how to handle them. You have to "put them down" to prevent them from stepping on your head. But you have to put it in a way that is inoffensive and impersonal. That's a life skill, I tell you.

Anyway today my academic "journalistic" background came in handy. Reporting and disseminating information...hah...things that I have been doing all my life. Think I went too fast. Wonder if the foreigners, which occupied half (!!) the class, could understand.

If they didint, then I have to pick up Advanced Mandarin or something. Right now, I dont think I can explain the aspects of writing and its technical terms in Mandarin. Woah...that's a bit too much, right?

Argh.
Headache now.
Must plan on what to teach/say/emote tomorrow.

Ed, reduce using colloqualism and street lingo.
Speak proper English!!!!!!

###

No comments: