Wednesday, January 24, 2007

To seek a new beginning

Whoa it is really late already.

Rushed off work to meet Din and Fifi. We headed to Vivocity to catch APOCALYPTO. Wow…it was fantastic!

I am Jaguar Paw!
This is my forest!
My sons and their sons will hunt here after I am gone!






The lead character looks like Ronaldinho!

Goodness.

Mel Gibson has certainly developed a flair for retelling stories of lost and ancient civilisation. APOCALYPTO is a political allegory about the destruction of a civilisation. It is about how tribalism doesn’t help a society and instead, causing it to self-destruct. Blah blah blah. 30 minutes into it, political allegory doesn’t matter anymore because visual impact has taken over the senses.

The movie is VERY entertaining and come to think of it, I prefer this to Gibson’s Passion Of The Christ. I guess this is because in the latter, I already had perceptions and personal theories while in APOCALYPTO, my knowledge of the Maya and Aztec (other than their chocolate origin) civilisations are limited. Therefore, I was more opened to Gibson’s concepts and was less judgemental.

Anyway, the movie is very inspiring in a way that it makes you want to sky-jump, mountain trek and hunt. However unlike them, I do need my bra to be on me. Letting them all hang out is not a good idea when the forest is swarmed with leeches, thorns, poisonous plants and bees.

After the movie, we walked around because it was Fifi’s first time at Vivocity…haha, VivoVirgin. When hunger crept, we parked ourselves at Secret Recipe. Then those two clowns tried to surprise me with a birthday gift.

They gave me Sun Tzu’s Art of War!
Check out its cover!
Damn Wong Fei Hong, lah!



Din and Fifi.
Hmmm...looking at their faces, I think you guys can be the extras in Apocalypto.

Actually, it was the first time I had ever celebrated my birthday with them (or with the group). It was a bit saddening considering I have known them for almost 10 years now (20 years for Din..my God!!) BUT hey, it is always the thoughts that count now. And besides, like they say, it’s the quality of the session…not the quantity. So thank you for everything, babes.


[See…I do have feelings. I just don’t show it. At least I don’t sound monotonous when I speak, right Fifi? By the way, Fifi is not his real name. Duh.]


We walked around the place and ah…I had to go to Candy Empire. There, I bought meself a birthday treat, albeit 3 days late. Last year I bought myself a computer and SJP’s Lovely perfume. This year, I have to settle with Wonka’s Whipple Scrumptious Caramel Delight.


Willy Wonka…Willy Wonka…Willy Wonka


Yeah.


Oh did I mention? I burnt my gothic/Victorian-inspired lace shirt this morning (Tuesday). My heart bled, I tell you. My $73 shirt…



My current job cannot pay for this shirt anymore.
Times like this I really wish I am not a relief teacher.

###

No comments: