I am so hot I steamed up my glasses.
Had a long day. Met up with the author, had a super long lunch at Arab Street followed by a tea session. Then I took a heritage walk down Victoria Street…and ended up at the spanking gorgeous National Museum. Will put pictures tomorrow.
Anyway, let's recap my last days of 2006.
Hah.
Friday 29th December 2006
It was 1927hrs and Sha was still nowhere in sight. The mother was getting worried and the father, who accompanied us to Golden Mile, was starting to nag. Proof to how I got my kancheong spiderness. Anyway, the bus driver was already getting up and ready. Begged him to wait ten more minutes. 5 minutes later Sha boarded the bus.
Phew!
After being shouted at by a rude *Malaysian custom officer (a PMSing woman I suppose), we finally reached KL at about 0100hrs. Checked in and 30 minutes later, Sha and I decided to check out the bazaar downstairs.
*The sign said “All Passports”. Any smart people would have thought that would have applied to a Singapore passport as well. But when we queued in front of her, she signalled us to clear away. When Sha asked why, she screamed “I want to clear the Malaysian passports first!” Biatch.
Saturday 30th December 2006
Wahlao.
The mother woke both of us up damn bright and early at 0730hrs. After breakfast, we accompanied her to wait for Cik Kamariah. She would then bring the mother to Malacca to meet some village people (why does Y-M-C-A come to mind?) . Aiyah no offence. But they are people living in the village, what!
Was damn bored sitting at the lobby.
Cik Kamariah was very late.
I was sleepy.
Anyway, we both went back to sleep and woke up at 1500hrs. After a short trip to the heartlander shopping mall - Plaza Kota Raya - and late lunch (where we almost thrashed 2 tables) at A&W’s, we headed to Masjid India…their version of Little India/Arab Street to check out the bazaar and to soak in the Hari Raya mood.
We then had a
Hello…Bukit Bintang!
We were resting our asses at Dome cafe at Lot 10 when we noticed a commotion outside. Being the kiasu Singaporeans that we were, we decided to check out the scene. Then we saw him and his entourage.
It was the former Prime Minister, Dr Mahathir.
Must take photo right?
After that we proceed to do some shopping. Sha bought MNG jeans and urgh, I had to throw my white Havaianas Brazilian Praias because the strap snapped. Went to FOS to get me a pair of cheapo rubber slippers and a green Ben Sherman tshirt. I am such a Nancy boy.

Mine looked like these…but white, remember?
I so need a new pair.
At about 2100hrs, we took a long walk back to the hotel. Along the way, Sha suddenly thought of her ex-"boyfriend", Ismail, and made me do this.
The mother contacted me and then we all went to dinner with Cik Kamariah and her daughter Norrehan. She brought us to this Nasi Lemak eatery somewhere. Quite an experience. Then…man..the mothers wanted to go to TESCO, this huge ass supermarket which closed at 0100hrs. We reached there at midnight and the aunties went crazy.
Me?
I was just fascinated by this Chinese broccoli.
Had never seen anything like this before.
Sunday 31st December 2006
Selamat Hari Raya Haji..mmbek..mmbek. After breakfast, the mother brought us to Plaza Kota Raya again. Then we went to Mydin…the Mustafa Centre of Malaysia. Went back to laze around and at 1400hrs, we took a cab to Cik Kamariah’s place. She had invited us over for lunch.
Cik Kamariah stays at in an apartment in Desa Pandan, near KLCC.
Her neighbourhood is very ghetto-cool.
Anyway, we had yummy chicken rice and many other dishes at her place.
After Cik Kamariah’s place, we (mother, Cik Kamariah, Norrehan and me) followed Sha to her friend’s place nearby. Along the way, we stopped to get lemang, a traditional Malay food of glutinous rice cooked in bamboo.
Bakar bang, bakar. Jangan tak bakar!
Sha, thank Nana for her kind hospitability…letting 4 strangers into her house to celebrate Hari Raya Haji yeah?
KLCC was next on the agenda…followed by dinner at this happening place nearby.
Sha and Norrehan, our gracious new friend who chauffered us around.
The mother, Sha and I reached back to the hotel at around 2100hrs. Sha and I then both headed out to Petaling Street to check out the scene. She got a few CDs. I couldn’t find Little Miss Sunshine so I sulked my way through.
Got back to the room and we both got ready to meet CY2, Vinz, Steven, Wei-xiang, Zhenni and her brother @ Bukit Bintang. Taking the monorail was a killer cause it was ultra packed. We had to brave through a maddening crowd to get to them. We all then made our way to Jalan P Ramlee (I think) to check out the party scene. Halfway, we heard fireworks.
Why…it was midnight already.
Happy New Year, people.
After a long walk, we finally settled on Nouvo. RM40 cover charge plus Coke…okay lah. CY2 was a hot property that night…hahaha. She had a Malay boy asking her to dance. There was this India Indian man who gave me his hand…but yeah, I couldn’t see what he was trying to do so I just shrugged it off. He then decided to stay in the group and danced with CY2. Think CY2 turned him so bloody on, he got very excited and lost control of his limbs and balance. He elbowed me in the ribs and jabbed me in the face. Gah!!! Gave him a hard push and he bent down to touch my feet, expressing his apology.
Appy-polly-logy!
Hahahaha.
After a while we sat outside, chatted a little and cam-whored a little. A little lizard too managed to fall on Sha, losing its tail in the process.
The feeling of being flanked by 2 very slim girls was…erm..not very great.
Clubbing ended prematurely at 0300hrs…cause that was KL’s standard closing time. So we headed to a nearby hawker to have supper and chatted over teh tarik and maggi goreng.
Zhenni and I.
I saw her dance…weeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Limped and cabbed our way back.
Couldn’t sleep well.
The mother was snoring.
Monday 1st January 2007
Happy New Year!
Woke up at 0845hrs to do a little packing. Breakfast ensued…totally had no appetite cause my cramps were killing me. Plus, I was still very stoned because I slept for only 2 hours. Went to the Pudu bus station with the mother after that because she wanted to get some food items. Sha went to Plaza Kota Raya on her own to do some last minute shopping. I was just walking around feeling damn grouchy.
Went back to the hotel at 1130hrs…lazed around for 30 minutes and it was time to check out. At 1300hrs, we boarded to coach and made our way home. Cik Kamariah managed to come to see us off…minutes before we kicked off.
Bye KL…and then we concussed.
We reached Singapore at about 1830hrs. Boy…glad to be home. And we were greeted by a rainbow. How gay the new year would be!
And with the tepid New Year sunset, our KL trip was wrapped.
Shit.
0340hrs.
School in 4 hours’ time.
A thousand times goodnight, innocent-students –who-will-soon-be-tainted. Muahahahahahaha.
P/S: 2 Panadol extras and the temperature is down to 37.1C.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment