Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Regresa a mí

Sunday morning was terrible as it saw me dragging my half-awake self to school. One more Sunday to go, Ed. One more Sunday. By 1300hrs, I made my way home, packed my bag and then Lauren picked me up in her Mini at about 1500hrs.

To Sentosa, ya'll.

We met Nani at the Seah Im carpark and passed her the free entrance pass. Lauren then tailgated Nani into Sentosa where we spent a good 10-15 minutes looking for Palawan beach. The place was going through some changes and roads were either re-directed or closed. We eventually got into the public carpark and made our way to the beach.

Well, it was indeed a beautiful day, ignoring the irritating teenagers and kids (HFMD!) screaming and running around aimlessly.



Imagine this...only more crowded.


Looking at the picture above, we managed to park our asses on the right side of the bridge. For the life of me, it was indeed a strange choice cause people who wanted to get on and off the bridge would have to pass us. However, it was a nice shady corner and well, we (Nani, Lauren, myself) were well-known voyeurs so we sat there (with totally no food/snacks!) on my giant blanket and bitched about the passing traffic for almost 2 hours. Bliss.

We finally got ourselves wet (with sea water) at about 1800hrs when most visitors had dispersed. It did feel good to swim into the vastness and into the horizon. It was kind of cathartic. Oh how much I needed that!


Just keep on swimming...swimming.


We left soon after and had dinner at the nearby hawker centre. We were hungry and there were many food on the table - kwey teow, mutton chop, mee kuah, satay, rojak, bandung, fresh lime and pineapple juice. Okay, "hungry" was an understatement. We were stark, raving famished. There.

Got home early around 2130hrs and well, I was wiped out.
By midnight, I surrendered.


Weak.


Today (Monday) was another day. Woke up early only to waste it on Sidereel.com watching more Two & a Half Men till 1400hrs. Grabbed a quick lunch and then met Meiling at the MRT. She had a movie preview at Lido and well, free movie, baby.

I didnt expect the show that we were about to watch to be good. In fact, I was ready to give it a miss. 2.5hrs later, I was thankful that I managed to watch it. Free-of-charge some more.

The only bummer was that the lead actor reminded me of my colleague...Sanjaya.

Heh.







No...no Mr Tumnus this time. Thank God.


THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN, I dare say, is one of the most entertaining pieces I have seen so far this year. It's better than its predecessor (that lion, witch, wardrobe thingy) - visually stunning, more action and well, slightly better acting. I really didnt feel 2.5 hours whizzing by. I had moments where I covered my eyes in horror, my mouth in shock and my ears in cowardice from the screaming.

Aslan the Lion and the White Witch made quick cameos. The beavers and Mr Tumnus (James McAvoy..nyeh) didnt even make an appearance. Fortunately, this didnt disrupt the flow of the film.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trumpkin: You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember.

...

Prince Caspian: You're Narnians. You're supposed to be extinct.
Nikabrik: Sorry to disappoint you.

...

Lucy Pevensie: It's so still.
Trumpkin: They're trees. What do you expect?
Lucy Pevensie: They used to dance.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Prince Caspian is darker and mature than the previous Narnia chronicles. But hah, how much darker can it be if it's still a Disney production, right? However, I do feel that there is a lack of character development in the film and that Prince Caspian is not really well-played. I mean...he has just one pathetic expression. He has the same look when he is sad, angry, happy, nervous, aroused...you get what I mean. And oh, he looks girly. How can a medieval prince look girly? Abominable.

Anyway...

The theatre was filled with kids and teenagers (HFMD alert, again!) and they got obviously noisy. It was irritating during the solemn quiet parts but however, those morons did bring the house down with their youthful nonsense. When the Prince decided not to kill the villain, someone shouted "Loser!" and it did crack everyone up. When the 2 leads kissed, the whole cinema went "Ah oooooh!". The most hilarious of all was when the villain got stabbed by one of the heroes and crowd in the cinema went "Yeah!!!" and clapped. Yes, clapped!!!

And they clapped again when the whole film was over.
It was hilarious.

I felt like I was in a village cinema where the audience was much more emotional and involved. I've never watched a movie in such an interactive manner. I kind of enjoyed it actually. It was more enjoyable; better than trying to shush everyone up :)

It reminds me of the Italian show Cinema Paradiso hahahaha.



Ah good 'ol Paradiso.

I'll sleep with a smile.

A thousand times goodnight, romantics and classicalists.


P/S: Nope. I didnt do jack-shit of work-related stuff.

P/P/S: Am developing rashes. Let's just hope it's heat rash and not HFMD hahahahah!


###

No comments: