Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It's still not enough!

This is my December
This is my time of the year
This is my December
This is all so clear

This is my December
This is my snow covered home
This is my December
This is me alone

And I
Just wish that I didn’t feel
Like there was something I missed
And I
Take back all the things I said
To make you feel like that
And I
Just wish that I didn’t feel
Like there was something I missed
And I
Take back all the things I said to you

And I give it all away
Just to have somewhere to go to
Give it all away
To have someone to come home to

This is my December

These are my snow covered dreams
This is me pretending
This is all I need
- My December, Linkin Park


December ends with a bit of gloom…especially after knowing that next pay wont be given out earlier (standard CNY fare). And therefore, my birthday is a bit affected. Note to self: Next time, find a job that pays just before birthday. And not only that, with the unexpected death, kenduri, Hari Raya Haji and birthdays, how am I gonna get the BSB ticket now?

Babe, can wait until my next payday? Which I think is a day before the concert?

......

I was thinking of slaughtering a cow/sheep/goat next month for the festivity. But nah…since Hari Raya Haji comes twice next year, maybe, I can buy the beast next December. Insya Allah. Hopefully, I am working in a better place then.

”Bulan haji telah tiba lagi
Menunaikan ibadah
Panggilan Baitullah”



Kaabah Baitullah


Back to my December.
Same time next week, we are into the new year already. Ask yourself now. Has 2005 been good to you?

Has it been good to me?
Yes.
Despite its nasty turbulences.
Despite being dateless for a complete year.
Despite being in the same job.
Despite earning the same amount as I had when I graduated…with a diploma.



I have a big share in being bitter this year. After all, many things passed me by because I am such a lazy idiot. However, I am thankful, too, for many things. This year, I did do/get many “1st –time”s:

- signed up a gym membership
- stayed in a totally crummy budget hotel outside Singapore which resembled a 4x4 prison cell
- got chicken pox and was extremely sick and miserable
- flew for 15 hours
- took Thai Airlines to Britain
- whirled around London in a day
- visited Trafalgar Square on Labour Day (aptly soaking in the ideals of heroism, freedom)


- visited Old Trafford in Manchester
- watched a “LIVE” EPL game
- endured being penniless a full month
- went on a Tioman holiday with a bunch of misfits colleagues
- stayed a night at Changi village Hotel…with 4 partners friends coming one after another
- completed the Beginner’s level of the silly Dance Dance Revolution


- developed a crush on a 16-year-old
- attended kiong’s wedding …the 1st out of all my good friends
- hiked to MacRitchie’s treetop walk
- got chided by my guy friends (who are all younger than me) for being single
- fell in love with a girl…her name’s Giselle Bundchen
- watched a performance at the Esplanade Theatre (STOMP!!)
- joined an alumni
- gave out more money during Hari Raya
- worked on the second day of Hari Raya
- ate in a restaurant/café alone
- took budget airlines (Air Asia)
- visited Sabah in Borneo, the third largest island in the world
- had a mud bath in a mud pool


Wow. I’ve done quite a lot this year.

You know, in every thing that we’ve done wrong, we must have done something right.

Huh?

###

No comments: