Monday, December 05, 2005

Sucking Up Barbie




Walao..so ugly. Even the father’s phone looks cooler.



Okay…I think I will get meself a cooler handphone as a personal birthday gift next January. Man…since when did I become such a mobile maniac? Hah…I blame Lauren for instilling ideas in my head. I am so weak.



Friday saw Lauren and I gym-ing for a while. We both had stitches *ahem*excuses*ahem. After that we went to NYDC. As we were strolling along the town’s sidewalk, a sudden gust of strong wind swooped…causing mini pandemonium. Things were flying everywhere and I narrowly missed being hit by a falling branch. It was so freaking windy, it got super cool! Then it started to rain…wow…it was truly a superb night. Unfortunately, we didn’t have anywhere to go, so we headed home.

which was a good thing since we both are now poor church mice.


I’m not a Ruffles…Ed’s just an ordinary Calbee. No, make it Jack’n’Jill.

I cant remember what time I woke up on Saturday. I think it was around 11ish…Was reclining on my favourite spot and watched awesome cable shows..like Globetrekker and haha, MTV Weekend Break. Was entertaining some friends over SMS also…it was a cute picture of total sloth, I tell you.

Dear asked me to join her, Dawn and friends at Momo later that night. I thought that was cool…jiggy-ing the night away after rotting the living daylight of my Saturday afternoon. But before that, I had my fondue gathering.

Met Ting and Grace at Suntec. They were helping a friend with her business so Lauren and I decided to hop down to give purchasing support. Alas, nothing was enchanting enough to part us with our money. Sha came soon after and we headed to Marina’s Long John Silver for a quick dinner before heading to the Esplanade’s Max Brenner for some good old loving.

But it was quite a disappointment to me. However, I’ll take Sha’s words. Saturday’s crap was an unusual exception. Never mind. Even if it’s c’est magnifique, I would much prefer Haagen Dazs’ fondue. Why? Because the latter has ice cream.



Random photo time:

Taken at Spotlight last Thursday. That is me at the background and the bandana-ed one is CY. She’s crying because Big Bird’s dead.


Back to the mundane life of O’Brien’s mine…



Sha, Lauren and I reached Club Momo around 2245hrs so that we could beat the cover charge. We joined Dear and gang at the Live Band section and was entertained by the Filipino-looking band. They could be Malay..i don’t know. They all looked alike. An hour later, we proceeded to the dance floor…oooh..the podium, baby!


Sha looked like this whenever she attempted to dance to some gay tunes.


It was crazy. The place was huge and it was still packed to the core with..damn..different kinds of the human race. The music was all right; a mixture with no blaring cheesy Euro techno (except for Eiffel 65’s bloody One More Time). I think the highlight was definitely Madonna’s Hung Up. I swear we could have been banned from Momo due to our 70s synchronised disco dancing. However, Maddie would have been so proud of us.


Time goes by so slowly…Time goes by so slowly…Time goes by so..oh piss off.


At around 3ish, we dragged our sorry asses out, limping to the nearest exit. We could have gone all night if Sha and I didn’t have work on Sunday. Got home and finally slept at 0645hrs (!!) and woke up at 1030hrs. By 1330hrs, I was already at Hotel InterContinental @ Bugis, covering the Barbie Party.



Imagine a ballroom filled with 200 kids and no parents. Most of them were girls (duh!), spotting different Barbie fashion. The guys (yeah there were a few sad ones) didn’t dress up as Ken though (bitch!).

There were Getai Barbie, Rastafari Barbie (a girl with dreadlocks!), Campy aka Kylie Minogue Barbie, Slutty Barbie, Nerdy Barbie, Leukaemia Barbie, Free-spirited aka Hippie Barbie, Sun-burnt Barbie, Bollywood Barbie, Bride-of-Chucky Barbie, Tai-tai Barbie, Nightclub Hostess Barbie and a gazillion other “Milan-lan” high fashion.

Ruth and I were made the judges for the karaoke and Barbie pageant. I swear if I hear those Barbie songs again, I am going to cut off my ears. And oh, I have to tell you…kids, girls especially, like to suck cocks up to the judges.

It all ended at 1830hrs. What a freaking nightmare. I mean, I love Barbie (I really do. I love her!) but a Barbie Party is a definite hell.


Wanna know what’s uber hell?

A Barbie Party, with screaming kids + with loud techno music playing at the background and interspersed with remixed dance versions of Michael Learns To Rock greatest hits collection. I rather smuggle drugs to Australia. What? I still don’t die???


Touché.


Upgraded my mobile plan after that and got meself a yucky-poo phone. See 1st picture. After that, I sat at the premises of the new library, trying to figure out the phone and to take pictures of the tiled sidewalk. Then I took a slow walk to Apollo Centre for a last minute karaoke session with Nani and Ismail at 2000hrs.

Now, I have wobbly knees from clubbing, a transvestite-y voice from the karaoke scream fest (oh it was terribly loud!!) and punched-out eyes from lack of sleep (slept at 0500hrs this morning…fiddling with the phone and trying to like it).

And God, it’s only just Monday.

Weewee: Push on, it's only Monday!!! Enjoy the rest of the week at work...
Me Me: Urgh...your enthusiasm kills me.
Weewee: =P If there are no enthusiasm, how do I survive till Friday?
Me Me: Friday is lightyears away...



Oh well.
When lightyears come, I’ll be at Sabah gawking at Mount Kinabalu already.

###

1 comment:

Elyse said...

Damn! You beat me to it... I was going to post on your replies this morning. *lol*

Eh, u'd rather go Momo than join me at Zouk for Carl Cox...