The father mentioned retiring and stuff. And then he turned around and asked the brother something.
Father: When are you getting married?
Brother: See how...2 more years. 3.
Me: WHAT?????? 2 more years? Cannot lah..You're still young!
Brother: What, I'll be 26 by then. In 3 years' time I'll be 27!
Me: That's still too young. 30 is a nice age for guys to get married. How old is your girlfriend?
Brother: 22 this year.
Me: 24 is still a young age to get married... (voice trailing off)
You good, ah!
…………………………………
The father didn’t even ask me that. It was like he knew I was (desperately) single. But what if I wasn’t? Right. Who was I kidding? So I picked up the phone and whined to my bitches. It didn’t help I was PMS-ing. Ultra depressing. I am so gonna die alone.

Alone. Empty house.
Okay. Snap out of it, woman.
*SNAP*
The sister got her N Levels result yesterday. Disappointing. She got 11 and couldn’t take O Levels. But the silver lining was that she got 3 for Maths. The sister was so ecstatic. She didn’t think she could even pass. Maths was her weaker subject and it turned out ‘3’ was her best grade. I was happy for her passing Maths and Humanities but I was a bit disappointed overall. I tried to think that you don’t need O Levels to survive…but hard lah! And best, her favourite subject, her stupid ART…got a ‘4’!
Yeah..she was extremely disappointed in her ART grade. I guess, over confidence always killed the Wahab sisters (in my case, it was Literature). Girl, next time, draw beautiful things that shallow, ordinary humans can understand. What’s the point of immersing yourself in gothic art when people don’t know that you are seeing life from the eyes of gargoyles???
I was so adamant in pushing her to an art school. I could see she wanted to. But, private institutions (like Orita. Sinclair …uber cool bohemian school at Pahang Street) are damn expensive and we all cant afford that.
So last night, at the dining table, the sister and I were discussing about the next best thing. We settled (yeah I have a big part in her life and she knows it and she cant escape that) on New Digital Media course at either Bedok or AMK ITE, God, please let her get that. The course will teach her all about 2D / 3D graphics, animations, pre-press rubbish and various other arty stuff.
Sis: Go this course, lah.
Me: You better do well. Then hopefully you can go to a polytechnic after that.
Sis: Can I go NAFA?
Me: Idiot..of course you can. Build your portfolio first.
Actually, the sister doesn’t really 100% like doing this. She loves painting, traditional conceptualising and renaissance/baroque/gothic stuff. But at a freshly 17 (just out from the oven!), she recently got a rude jolt. “What can I do if I want to pursue painting? What can I be?”
And with that, she had to embrace modern graphics and visual hoo-ha.
My sister.
Okay, pesky family member aside….
You’re the devil in me I brought in from the cold
You said your body was young but your mind was very old
You comin' on strong and I like the way
The visions we had are fading away
You're part of the life I've never had
I'll tell you now it's just too bad
I'll tell you now it's just too bad – Chemical Brothers feat. Noel Gallagher
Did I say Oasis are coming to town in Feb?
I did?
I say it again.
OASIS are coming for a concert!
First, there was this in 1994:

The brother bought it when he was 13. I thought, "Who are these mad buggers?"
Then they hit BIG time with this in 1995:

We got the cassette and I later bought it for $10 in Perth. This album is one of UK’s top albums of all times.
In 1997, they began to scare the fans a little with a slight underdog:

Be Here Now. The brother and I listened and played on the guitars to many songs in here. I was on lead, brother was backing, the sister was whacking the pillows pretending they were drums.
This B-side compilation came out in 1998:

We were too “poor” to buy The Masterplan. We kind of forgot about it because we did have some of the songs listed on some singles. Maybe I can get my buddies to buy this for me? Sheesh. This is not even a hint.
Then it came in 2000. A major disappointment:

Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants is the only album we don’t want to have. Nuff’ said.
But the 2000 year was redeemed by a flash of ‘live’ brilliance.

My friends from Sony presented me Familiar To Milions…knowing I was such an Oasis sucker. Listening to Live Forever “live” made my knees weak for months.
Oasis bounced back to basic in 2002:

I bought Heathen Chemistry just before I left for Perth to study. Not as good as the first 3 but definitely better than Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants!
2005…WOW. What a comeback!

Ignore Lyla. That sucks. But the rest of the album breeds pure gem. 3rd best album definitely.
I cant wait
MONA’S TOP OASIS ALBUM
1 (What’s The Story) Morning Glory
2 Definitely Maybe
3 Don’t Believe The Truth
MONA’S TOP OASIS SINGLE
1 Live Forever
2 Don’t Look Back In Anger
3 Slide Away
I am going MAD. Gonna take out my Oasis sweater tonight and sleep in it. My red Oasis Tshirt, which I wear to bed every other night, has holes in it…so I figure, I cant wear that the the concert, can i? Maybe I wear the Adidas top which Liam wore in his concert back in Wembley. Maybe I can take out the broken guitar in the storeroom, fix it and have Noel autograph it. I want to die. I am shaking with excitement.
Maybe my parents can buy the concert ticket for my birthday? Dammit. I’ll be a very very good girl these 2 months.
Really?
But but but…I have plans to club the coming weekend away. Never mind. I’ll get the ticket myself. Humph.
Anyway…
Blogders, presenting (for the umpteenth time) Mona’s anthem. You don’t know how I live (now that you want to know but…) until you hear me belt this in your face.
Maybe I don't really want to know
How your garden grows
I just want to fly
Lately did you ever feel the pain
In the morning rain
As it soaks it to the bone
Maybe I just want to fly
I want to live I don't want to die
Maybe I just want to breathe
Maybe I just don't believe
Maybe you're the same as me
We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever
Maybe I don't really want to know
How your garden grows
I just want to fly
Lately did you ever feel the pain
In the morning rain
As it soaks it to the bone
Maybe I will never be
All the things that I want to be
But now is not the time to cry
Now's the time to find out why
I think you're the same as me
We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever
We're gonna live forever
Gonna live forever
Live forever
Forever - Live Forever, Oasis
Pure genius, bloody brilliant!!!!!!!
###
No comments:
Post a Comment