Friday, December 16, 2005

Sabah Trip Day 2 - 10 Dec

1000hrs Kota Kinabalu

We got up and left the hotel at around 10am and headed to the Pulau Tiga Resort office at Wisma Merdeka (opp. our hotel). After touring the rest of the shopping building, we decided to have lunch at Sri Malindo Restaurant.



Our lunch spread. After the meal (12.15pm), we decided to jump onto a cab and decided to visit the Kinabalu Park. We thought Mt Kinabalu was at Kota Kinabalu and thought the cab ride would be cheap and fast. After all, what's a trip to Sabah without visiting the Mt Kinabalu, right? Besides, how far could it be?

Right!
It took us 1.5hours and RM250 (RM220 after bargainin/pleading) for a round trip.

After 1.5 hours (cab driver was speeding and we almost hit a vehicle!) of sitting and abusing our asses, guess what did we finally see? Why...it's Mount Kinabalu, of course! FINALLY!!! Actually, you can't really see it in this shot. Gah! Next!

We were going to Kinabalu Park! Well, it's a must-go even though the cab ride killed us.


We reached Kinabalu Park at 2pm and were given 2 hours by our cabby to have a look-see. We had to pay RM15 per person to enter the place. How stupid of us! We could have lied and told them that we were from Johor! Why? Because Malaysians only need to pay RM4! That's almost quadruple, right? Damn. Anyway, we went in, and took a hike around the place.


We hiked on many roads. I was tempted to go down some ulu trails. However, the rest didnt seem interested. We found a shed along the way and hid. It began to drizzle and we decided to rest for a while and seek shelter. Time check: 3.30pm. Uh oh. We were left with 30 mins only. So we decided to backtrack - 2kms- to the starting point.

At the starting point, there's this slope where you could "observe" Mount Kinabalu. There were a few monuments and the Mount K museum on top of the slope/hill too. Farhana and I...at the top of the slope.



There was this structure/monument on top of the hill that declared Mount Kinabalu as one of the world's heritage site. Cool! There was also this mini museum, which unfortunately, we didnt go.



I love this last shot of ..er..myself. hahaha. I LOVE this shot. I was wearing a green jacket with green camou skirt and behind me was total greenery. *The irony..I hate green.* Time check: 4pm. We went down the hill and back to our cab. The cab driver had been waiting for us for 2 hours.



Mt Kinabalu.
The natives Kadazan/Dusun named it Aki Nabalu. It means 'the spirit of the dead'.



After hiking at Kinabalu Park, we finally reached town at around 1800hrs. We went back to have a quick change and when we came out, it was already dark! We went for dinner after that...KFC, again. We took a walk around the town area and hung out for a while at Tun Fuad Stephen Road…where we could see the splendid Sabah sunset (yeah..it got dark by 1830hrs)



We walked down into the hearts of the city and went to the night market. Typical night market stuff except ..damn..not many food. Anyway, I bought my fake Gucci shades and Ismail, haha, bought his standard “I Love Sabah” Tshirt. After that, we ended up in a shopping centre. Planned to watch a movie but we ended up karaoke-ing instead. It was cool. It was literally K-box..RM1 per song.

Damn squeezy but it was fun. Nazmi and Farhana could still do some dangdut (eww) moves in there. We went back at midnight.


Notice how serious and focus I looked? Well…I wasn’t actually meditating. I was actually concentrating on this:

Stupid stupid stupid Chelsea!

At around 1245hr, Nazmi came over to the girls' room to just chit-chat/bitch/play cards. Laughed so hard I couldnt get to sleep 1.5 hours later. So I tossed and turned in bed...finally to sleep at 0300+hrs.

2nd day down!
###

No comments: