Likewise, all enemies are as limitless as space. All enemies cannot possibly be overcome. Yet if one can just overcome hatred, this will be equal to overcoming all enemies. All that is unsatisfactory in the world, all the fear and suffering that exists, clinging to the ‘I’ has created it. What am I to do with this great demon? To release myself from harm and free all others from their suffering, let me give myself away and love others as I love myself. If a problem can be solved, why be unhappy? And if a problem cannot be solved, what is the use of being unhappy?
- The Cup, a film by Khyentse Norbu
I spent my Saturday evening sitting in the café at the library reading Sophie’s World. Though Meiling was just in front of me, we didn’t talk much and I just pored over the words. Bliss. I just needed some quietness for me to think. Of life, of love, of every other thing important to a great living.
As hard as it is to imagine, I do love the quietness. I am very comfortable with silence. So next time when we are out and if you’re cracking your brains trying to think of witty words to tell me, stop. It’s fine to be silent.

Plato believed similarly that all natural phenomena are merely shadows of the eternal forms or ideas. But most people are content with a life among shadows. They think shadows are all there are, never realising even that they are, in fact, shadows. And thus they pay no heed to the immortality of their own soul. (p.89, An Immortal Soul; Plato)
Reason belongs to the head, will belongs to the chest, and appetite belongs to the abdomen. Each of these soul faculties also has an idea, or virtue.” (p.91, The Philosophic State; Plato)
So wise men, what say you?
What is your virtue?
What is so good about you and your life? Can you justify your existence? What’s blanketing your thoughts? What’s stopping you from being the best that you can be?
What is preventing you to come and talk to me?
I don’t bite.
A thousand times goodnight, cowards.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment