
Gonna accompany the mother to the cousin’s house at Tampines later…to see his new house and to see his 1st newborn. Wonder if anyone is going to ask when is my turn – marriage, family, etc. I don’t really feel like going but man..cannot escape this time because I have always been avoiding family events. But today, there’s no place to hide.
A year ago, the cousin, who is a year older, got married. His wedding was on the same day as Chee Kiong’s. I remember I had to run from Tampines, home and then to Chevron @ Jurong for the solemnisation and dinner. I remember after suffering the taunts of “Your turn should be next!” from the aunties at Tampines, I had to sit with a table of couples, who looked at each other all googly eyed, feeding and hugging at the table. Where are their table manners?
Hah. Not bitter lah. Just bewildered.
How come I was so suey to sit with 5 couples?
Anyway, it is a perfect weather to chill to Damien Rice and of course, classical pieces. Maybe throw in a bit of ol’ jazz as well. This one is bliss. Again, I have that picture of an old me sitting on my rocking chair on the porch of my seaside house. Just rocking gently and looking at the bleak horizon at sunset. Rocking…and rocking..and rocking.

Imagine me…sitting here.
Nothing unusual, nothing strange
Close to nothing at all
The same old scenario, the same old rain
And there's no explosions here
Then something unusual, something strange
Comes from nothing at all
I saw a spaceship fly by your window
Did you see it disappear?
Amie come sit on my wall
And read me the story of O
And tell it like you still believe
That the end of the century
Brings a change for you and me
Nothing unusual, nothing's changed
Just a little older that's all
You know when you've found it
There's something I've learned
'Cause you feel it when they take it away
Something unusual, something strange
Comes from nothing at all
But I'm not a miracle
And you're not a saint
Just another soldier
On the road to nowhere
Amie come sit on my wall
And read me the story of O
And tell it like you still believe
That the end of the century
Brings a change for you and me
And Amie come sit on my wall
And read me the story of O
And tell it like you still believe
That the end of the century
Brings a change for you and me - Amie, Damien Rice
* The Story of O" is an erotic novel by Pauline Réage (a female pseudonym for the real author, Jean Paulhan, a guy). The original French title is "Histoire d'O". *
Got to go. Need to search for a house by the sea. Hopefully, it’s not an old folks’ home or something.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment