Thank you for the wishes.
Like wise , we are hoping that things will always be great at your end.
19 years with the same person making me feel happy and happier by days.
Blessings and blessings are coming even more, in fact she has been the best blessing for me and the children.”
That’s sweet. Happy anniversary to Pak Budi and Ibu Peggy.
Mentioning anniversary…the parents’ anniversary is coming, too. They turn 28 this 1st of June. That’s kind of long, right? It’s enviable, right?
I guess it’s all about faith. And trust. And lots of sex.
But, it's true!
Anyway...
This morning, I recalled a conversation I had with the fellowship 5-7 years ago. It was the best friend’s birthday and she had a chalet for us to gather and celebrate. We were all sprawled on the bed in our pyjamas, totally dead beat after cleaning up. I HAD to ask:
Ed: Guys, how do you know that the one is the one for you?
Clara: You ask the wrong person…
Liah: Yeah must ask Noreen, hahaaha. She’s the expert among us.
Ed: Oh come on…how would you know? How would you know?
Weiling: Aiyah easy lah. Gerry told me this…If you can imagine having sex with him, then he’s the one you want lah.
Clara + Liah: Eee..Weiling!
Ed: Hahahahahahahhahahahaha. Good one. Will remember that.
I miss these girls.
Anyway, hahaha the conversation was damn naïve and hilarious at the same time. Fast forward many years from then, are we any different? What happens if I can imagine myself sleeping with more than 1 man? Will I have a lot of "the ones" too?
I am feeling nostalgic and a bit sappy. Decided to search for my secondary school photos but it seemed quite impossible right now because the mother kept everything hidden. Will search the photos tomorrow and probably post it online. And I can transfer everything into soft copy and burn them for the rest of the girls because haha I do have many of their growing up pictures. The dodgy specs, the disgusting school ties and hahah my Joe Cole hairstyle, etc....
And as I was searching for the pictures just now, I found, instead, my trophy. Cant believe the mother hid it in some obscure corner. I thought I had lost this.
Hard to believe, right?
Haha, the reason why I lost was because my opponent was a Chinese girl (from China) with extremely huge breasts. Very distracting! But of course, the main reason was that she was better than me, lah. Wonder if my primary school trek’n’field trophies are still around.
Haha. Good memories. Make me feel all the more older. But then, there are other older people.
Er-jie and da-jie. Have to call them jie-jie because they have been taking care of me for 12 years.
The 2nd jie (er-jie?) is going to turn 28 at the end of this month. It sure felt like it was yesterday that we celebrated her 18th birthday (I was 16!) at some fast food place. Within these 10 years, we both had gone through a lot. Me with my revolutionary poly life, passionate radio job, inspiring uni days, excruciating writing job and she was busy with the Home Team, serving the nation with pride and commitment.
I remember sending her to Thomson Road’s then Tracom one morning. It was her enlistment day and I was the only one sending her..not her family. It must have been a nerve-wrecking exciting day for her. 8 years in the force and I have been regaled by her a-day-in-the-life-of-a-cop stories. She did so well and earned the respects from others and fair promotions. But now 8 years later, she is bogged down by people trying to curb her happiness and advancements. She endures malicious lies thrown by jealous colleagues. And the final “topping”, she has been robbed of her much-deserved promotion.
Hang on in there, babe.
What goes around, will come around again and bite these people on their asses. This time round, not even their police badges can save them.
A thousand times goodnight, every mother’s son.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment