I would kill just to get meself on the hammock.
Life has been getting too hectic lately. I just want to lie down with salty sea breeze blowing in my face. Some company will be nice. But…we wont be talking. I’ve been talking too much lately. It’s time to shut up and enjoy the peace and tranquillity.
“I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all at once, I saw a crows,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.”
(I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud, Wordsworth)
I think it’s time to hit the beach again. The last session was too short a therapy.
Anyway...






"There's a little... chill in the air... isn't there?" – Lola
Watched KINKY BOOTS with Adrian and Shuxiang just now at the Handy Road Cathay Cineplex after our bookie contract signing, thanks to free tickets given by Meiling. Though it started slow, I kind of enjoyed it…just like how I enjoyed other British movies. Anyway Kinky Boots is a heart-warming treat with great shoes. By that, I mean..the stilettos featured in the show are like “Wow!” After watching it, I had the urge to steal a pair of
Tightened muscles, elongated calves, wriggly butt, swinging hips…ah, all woman, baby!
Haha I digressed.
The movie is nice and Chiwetel Ejiofor is brilliant as the convincing drag queen Lola. Anyway Kinky Boots touches on fitting into a judgemental and patriarchal society. It is not heavy but yet, it does send a message. My favourite moment was when Simon/Lola did a slow number with Lauren...and then they both turned around to see Charlie who was looking at them from above. Sweet.

Oh!!
Went Borders just now and I found meself the most perfect book. Covered in pink, it read “How to Wear Heels” (or something like that) … it was like every girl’s holy bible, I tell you. Wanted to get it so much but..haiyah..$47.20. Sick!
I guess in the meantime, I will just have to be satisfied with Girlosophy 2 … the all-super girlie female-empowering indulgence…which Weiling gave to me 2 Christmas ago. It was one of the sweetest gifts I’ve ever gotten. One of my most prized books in my bursting mini library, I tell you.

I cant help it. I love being a woman.
Eeks. It’s 0430 already!
Shit…I have NPCC in 2 hours’ time.
I miss my kids.
A thousand times goodnight, les enfants.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment