
Played petanque with Adrian, Shuxiang, Redzuan and Weixiang just now at Toa Payoh. Didn’t know petanque could be exciting. But then again, I can make anything sounds exciting. Heh. I can! Am looking forward to the next session. This time round, I have to make better throws, man.

Next session, pronto.
Ah..Miss Lee smsed me. Extra NPCC training this Friday…and there would also be the Endau Rompin briefing. Drats.
Anyway…was reading to some articles and listening to love songs when suddenly, it had become one of those nights. You know…one of those whiny, clingy nights.
Maybe I hang around here
A little more than I should
We both know I got somewhere else to go
But I got something to tell you
That I never thought I would
But I believe you really ought to know
I love you
I honestly love you
You don't have to answer
I see it in your eyes
Maybe it was better left unsaid
This is pure and simple
And you should realize
That it's coming from my heart and not my head
I'm not trying to make you feel uncomfortable
I'm not trying to make you anything at all
But this feeling doesn't come along everyday
And you shouldn't blow the chance
When you've got the chance to say
If we both were born
In another place and time
This moment might be ending in a kiss
But there you are with yours
And here I am with mine
So I guess we'll just be leaving it at this - I Honestly Love You, Olivia Newton-John
Oh come on, I am only human. Let me rant.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all (Alfred Tennyson – 1850)
Sometimes I feel like I can give the world just to feel what it is like to be truly in love. Think I have never felt that way before and sometimes I wonder if I ever will. I can only imagine how it is like to come home and whine about your day to a partner who is genuinely interested in your day. Maybe you get a complimentary back rub or two. Throw in a foot massage as well.
I read Kellyn’s blog. I read Weewee’s too. Their gushing for their partners is sweet. And every time, it makes me smile for a while that for every jaded people, there are always those who are happily in love, savouring every bit of it.
I must be sounding like a love fool here.
Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again.
For then the night will more than pay
The hopeless longing of the day.
Come, as thou cam'st a thousand times,
A messenger from radiant climes,
And smile on thy new world, and be
As kind to others as to me.
Or, as thou never cam'st in sooth,
Come now, and let me dream it truth.
And part my hair, and kiss my brow,
And say My love! why sufferest thou?
Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again.
For then the night will more than pay
The hopeless longing of the day. – Longing, Matthew Arnold (1822-1888)
A thousand times good night, sleeping satellites.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment