Thursday, November 16, 2006

We ate and drank in celebration

“Can I ask you a question? Do you believe in heaven?”
“Sometimes being human, it is good to stay in the dark. There may be fears in the dark…but at least there’s hope.”


Am watching Grey’s Anatomy and oh…it’s a sad one today. What will you do if you have to risk the life of a person in order to save another? What gives you the right to choose one over the other? Does the person’s word mean anything to you at that moment?

Glad I am not a doctor.
As a teacher, I only have the future of the kids at stake.
Not their oxygenated lives.
Eh?
Heh.


Eh alamak, what is this?
Let’s take a closer look.




Haha! It was MoonBeam Bride Susan’s hen party/gathering and the chief organiser MoonBlush Dork Nani had gathered everyone (sans MoonRogue Grace and MoonShine Ting) at her boyfriend’s pad. It was a mild gathering. But hey, it was meaningful. Very meaningful, right Bride?

Okay I will drop the Moon name dropping. Kind of irritating, I know. Anyway here are some bad pictures taken on my mobile. Better ones are coming from Barf Jason and Spew Mail.



Pink-clad bunny-eared me and the organiser, pink-clad bunny-eared Nani.


Nani and I met in town to get the pyjamas for the Bride and then, we headed to Mustafa Centre to get more masks for the rest, more cheap food items and some disposable plates. For $15 per person, it was quite a feat to come up with a substantial dinner menu and a nice present. But I had to hand it to the chieftain for pulling this. She had her mother cooked bee hoon (with prawns, meat and eggs, mind you) and we still managed to get fruits, chips, drinks, otak-otak, potato wedges and chicken pieces. I also brought a swiss roll cake for the table…and urgh, a container of chocolate biscuits which I had forgotten to take it out and it is right now still sitting cold in Mr D’s fridge. Bummer.


(Honestly what could be better was…we could have allocated how many otak-otak and chicken pieces one could have because when push comes to shove, we want to make it equal for everyone. But oh well…how to tell these to a bunch of equally hungry people with different appetite level? So next time, don’t complain that $15 is too much. I smack your mouth then you know.)


We gave The Bride (now she sounds like the lead from Kill Bill) a satin pyjamas set from La Senza. Hope she likes it. You like, right Bride?

Dinner was followed by round the table mindless banter where everyone was given a nickname for the night. Those who said out the actual names instead of the nicknames, would have to get a bindi sticker plastered on their faces each time it happened. Well… I had 9 sticky red dots on my face. I looked like I had a venereal disease!

Apt, considering my nickname for the night was Mole.





Had a couple more games before everyone just slothed away. Hah my list of forfeits for The Bride was mostly untouched. I had one where The Bride had to call her mother to tell her that the wedding was off and that the conversation should last for at least 5 minutes. But we had to scrap that due to..erm..bad taste..as The Bride had a tiff with her mother this morning. “She will get a heart attack, I tell you!” The Bride said. Tsk tsk tsk.

Anyway over dinner, we had an impromptu roasting toasting session to The Bride. Think I kind of screwed it up. Babe, you know how I am uncomfortable of public display of affection (haha) and somehow what I said just now might sound rubbish. Let me do one more time here.



I toast (with my plastic cup of Mug’s Root Beer) to The Bride, Susan, a very dear friend of mine. I treasure you as I treasure life and I will be your friend till God-knows-when. Sean is a lucky man to know you, to love you and to share his life with you. I have seen how love blossomed between the two of you from the coldness of Perth to the sticky humidity of Singapore. It is really a sweet story and I am glad that it will soon reach a happily-ever-after climax. My dear friend, I wish you a great wedding and even greater marriage. May your days together be filled with God’s blessing.

That, Susan…was actually what I wanted to say.

I guess tongue failed me. Maybe the wood-carved cat got my tongue.
Or maybe, I was too busy chomping potato wedges.

A thousand times goodnight, my good friends.


P/S: Thank you Mr D for the kind hospitality. I am sorry about the toilet saga. It was truly a Ben Stiller moment for me. Hahahahahahahaha.

###

No comments: