“Give you the tickets.”
“I’ve got plans.”
“Ah? I told you yesterday I may not go!”
“Yeah that was yesterday…you didn’t confirm anything with me, what.”
“But I told you already, what!”
“You didn’t confirm and you didn’t pass me the tickets.”
Gah.
Okay…petty bitterness gone. Not really feeling convivial, either, but it will be awrite by noon.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
So here’s my recap…FINALLY.
I met Susan @ the Esplanade on Friday to catch A Twist Of Fate. It’s a good production but I thought it was a bit draggy at times. But then again, so are most musicals, especially when they begin to sing during those not-sad-not-happy-not funny moments. One thing though, Laura Michelle Kelly was brilliant! Her voice is powerful and she looks gorgeous. Emma Yong was exceptional, too. Adrian Pang? All I can say is that he was given a not-so challenging role….but the show was definitely entertaining.
When I got back, I heard that Roy Keane was sacked from Manchester United. I wasn’t exactly shocked…just miffed that 12 Keane-years went by like that.





“Schemeichel, Parker, Pallister / Irwin, Bruce, Sharpe and Ince/ Hughes, McClaire, Keane and Cantona / Robson, Kanchelskis and Giggs!”
13 down…1 more to go.
Saturday went by in a haze. Met Meiling at the photo studio @ Boat Quay and after that, we went for a walk. We strolled up the Philatelic Museum, to the National Archives, to ROM and eventually Fort Canning.
I persuaded Meiling to slack-jack in the park for a while. We chose a bench in front of this building, under shady trees and just sat there. I’ve been to Fort Canning 3 times before this and yet, I’ve never appreciated its surroundings. Before you get any funky ideas, the first time was my poly M ass Comm prom, 2nd was nani’s sister’s wedding and the 3rd was the Sheila On 7 concert.Fort Canning is beautiful.

Maybe if I ever get married, I’ll have it here. Those mak ciks who cannot comprehend why I want to make my wedding there can go fly kite.
...
We sat there for about 30mins and then we continued our walk. When we reached Istana Park, we sat down again. This time, I wanted to admire the Istana driveway, the passing traffic (both vehicles and human), the pretty fountain with pretty flowers and the changing of day to night.

We sat there close to an hour. The X’mas lighting lit up at around 1845hrs and it was pretty. The breeze of dusk was a welcomed change to the dreary hear. I’ve never done this with Meiling – walked, relaxed by the road side (literally) and chatted about everything under the sun and moon (again, literally). It was a nice experience, indeed. It’s always nice to talk to an older person sometimes. Plus Meiling and I are so different…and yet, alike.

We walked down to Orchard Road…stopped by gym to change our schedules, Kinokuniya and eventually, we took a bus home.
Looking back. It was a great Saturday.
I shall post Sunday’s hike with the colleagues in the next article.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment