Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas

"The heart has reasons that reason knows not of."
Now...isnt that nice?


The wild flowers I picked during lunchtime some time back are beginning to wither here on my office desk. They are looking all autumn-willowy beside my African porcelain/cement/whatever doll which was given by Medy before she left for Perth. It’s a freaking heartbreak. One reminds me that life is a struggle and full of hardships while the other tells me that all things pretty die.



I start my Tuesday with a big dose of Frank Sinatra’s romance. Now, my soul is feeling so fluttery and old school. But there’s a part of me that is beginning to feel a tinge of sadness. Sinatra had that melancholic effect, I tell you.

......................................................................................................
Stoning to Sinatra ... says:
i feel like dancing under the stars...on a boardwalk...wait, that is SO not Singapore

Lil Miss Freckles : Handover.. says:
outside esplanade lor, that's as close as u can get..

Stoning to Sinatra ... says:
man..i am living in a different world..in a different time

Lil Miss Freckles : Handover.. says:
obviously.. wrong time, wrong place ger..

Stoning to Sinatra ... says:
and with that,i declare the man of my dream DOESNT exist

Lil Miss Freckles : Handover.. says:
not surprised...

Lil Miss Freckles : Handover.. says:
the closest will be either a radio or television.. the latter will come complete with cable..

Stoning to Sinatra ... says:
thank god i love myself

Stoning to Sinatra ... says:
wow...i CAN spend my life with TV, radio and cable. who needs sex
......................................................................................................

Will this be moon love, nothing but moon love
Will you be gone when the dawn comes stealing through?
Are these just moon dreams, grand while the moon beams?
But when the moon fades away, will my dreams come true?
Much as I love you, don't let me love you.
If I must pay for your kiss with lonely tears

Say it's not moon love
Tell me it's true

Say you'll be mine when the moon disappears - Moon Love, Frank Sinatra


You are a tulip, full of many colors and changes.
You have many different sides.

What Flower Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla



..but i still like the cliched red rose.

Anyway,

I am still stoned. I was up till 0430 last night watching To Kill A Mockingbird with my sister. I love stories with social/moral issues. Harper Lee wanted to depict the struggle between the White men and the Coloured Men and she wanted to bring the topic of injustice and racism into the picture. But, living in those times of racial segregation herself, there was just so much she could do. This is my assumption so don’t ring the town alarm bell or something. That’s why To Kill A Mockingbird will never be my favourite masterpiece. The ending is just too blasé. Innocent black guy escapes gallows but is shot dead…guilty white man is free but eventually dies in a scuffle. It’s like a token death.

Mentioning token deaths, I am so tempted to buy Sergei Eisenstein's Battleship Potemkin, Strike and October (I've seen all 3 by the way... mind boggling, i tell you and i still have nightmares) from the pasar malam. However, I am afraid that I will soon turn into a communist if I own them.


Okay enough.
Too much thinking hurts my brain.
I’m supposed to be stoning.


Went to the gym last night and for the first time, I ran beyond 2.5 km. Pound! Pound! Pound! After the whole session ended, I barely could make it up the stairs to the changing room. But it did feel good … although my limbs are still in shock.

When I was walking along the Orchard sidewalk with Lauren, the excited Ting called me and was squealing through the handphone. She was telling me that so-and-so from ESPN was gonna call regarding the EPL gameshow and she told me to *ahem* get ready. She prepped me on what to say and babe, thank you, man! I think we now have a fairly good chance, thanks to you.

So-and-so asked and hah, I got it all right *wink*.

Q: Who’s the chairman of Aston Villa?
A: Err..err…Doug Ellis
Q: Who’s the record EPL goal scorer?
A: Hmm…Alan Shearer.
Q: Upton Park is the home team to which team?
A: West Ham!
Q: Which team is nicknamed The Cottagers?
A: Shit..Fulham?
Q: What’s the name of Arsenal’s new stadium?
A: mmm..mmm…Emirates Stadium?
Q; Who is Newcastle’s latest record signing?
A: This is easy. Michael Owen!

Phew! Thank God so-and-so didn’t ask me extra questions. Like who is the chairman of Portsmouth…etc.

Anyway, we’ll see how. So-and-so said our chances of getting in was quite high. If so, Ting and I had to take a week’s leave in January. Man…a week’s leave is kind of too much, right? Especially when I have only 15 days to start with…? I am nervous just thinking about it. Will try to brush that aside, though … after all that's January’s problem.



I have been a rover
I have walked alone
Hiked a hundred highways
Never found a home
Still in all I'm happy
The reason is, you see
Once in a while along the way
Love's been good to me

There was a girl in Denver
Before the summer storm
Oh, her eyes were tender
Oh, her arms were warm
And she could smile away the thunder
Kiss away the rain
Even though she's gone away
You won't hear me complain

I have been a rover
I have walked alone
Hiked a hundred highways
Never found a home
Still in all I'm happy
The reason is, you see
Once in a while along the way
Love's been good to me
- Love’s Been Good To Me, Ol’ Blue Eyes

###

No comments: