Wednesday, November 16, 2005

How many buses in Beijing?

K is a bimbotic mad cow who didn’t receive enough education.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


My uncle came over on Monday and while we were having dinner, he asked me about my career.


Uncle: Your dad said you didn’t want a government job.
Me: Aiyah…it’s not like that.
U: Why didn’t you join the police? You could have been an inspector by now.
M: No way! Anyway, I did try for some government jobs. They didn’t want me, what…
U: Your dad would so much like you to be in a government job. He said money good..and stable.
M: Aiyah…He would want all his kids to join him and be customs officer!
U: But government job IS stable and IS good money.
M: Come on…nowadays, government jobs are also on contract basis. It’s all the same.
U: But they have better benefit.
M: I don’t care about benefits. I’m just not interested!
U: Who cares about interest?



Who cares about interest?
I do.


Maybe, I would be in some govt big-ass job by now if my uni distinctions came from a local institution or the Ivy League’s. But no…those pathetic grades came from Edith Cowan University in lowly Perth. In fact, I think employers are more comfortable with the “infamous” Curtin and Monash degrees than ECU's.If those are Princeton’s, I’m sure the NTU “scholars” wouldn’t even stand a chance.

Looking around, I don’t know many people who are in the govt sector. Sharinah is in the Home Team…and she is miserable there. Who else? I know a few more and they are all in the Home Team. I don’t want to be in that team. I have enough of that stuffy blue uniform.

The only govt job I want to have right now is the Prime Minister’s post.

Even then, many of the ministers come from the private sector.

You know what…just leave me alone. You don’t even know me.
HASH(0x8caf0d0)
You have a beautiful mind, one of the worlds to-be
great thinkers. You will succeed in life, just
give it time. If people don't understand you,
then it's because they don't understand life
and have no purpose to. Keep on keeping on, we
need more people like you.


Fear: Dying before you find all the answers
Quote: Men are not prisoners of fate, rather
prisoners of their own mind


What makes up your soul?? ((with detailed results and pics ))
brought to you by
Quizilla


Aisey!


Last night I was glued to the TV watching HOUSE on AXN. My God, that show is awesome. Mentioning TV, I saw Shan Wee..urgh..i mean Zach Braff on Scrubs III on Monday. So it’s Monday for Scrubs III and Thursday for Scrubs I. Hmmm. It seems like I am developing a thing for hospital dramas.


I used to adore Robert Sean Leonard when I was little…


Oh well later…

###

No comments: