Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Bring out the firecrackers!!! BAM! Oucccch!

Selamat Hari Raya to all Muslims. Maaf zahir batin, yah?

Sudah di jauh hari
Anak-anak bising tak henti-henti
Kita tentukan baju, kasut baru
Untuk dipakai nanti di hari
Hari yang mulia aidilfitri

Emak pun sibuk memasak
Ketupat dan rendang dan sayur lemak
Wajik dan kuih lapis, roti renjis
Ah Chong, Mamat dan Johnny, Mutusamy
Sama-sama makan hidangan kami

Selamat (Selamat)
Hari Raya (Hari Raya)
Selamat (Selamat)
Aidilfitri (Aidilfitri)

Fakir di hari raya
Semua orang nampak hati gembira
Sudah pergi sembahyang hati riang
Saling berjabat tangan bersalaman
Pada ayah bonda serta jiran

Suka cuti sekolah
Sesama murid di satu darjah
Kami tidak kan lupa, juga nenda
Saling bermaaf-maafan zahir batin
Ucap minal aidil walfaizin
- Selamat Hari Raya, Indra Shahrir

My favourite Raya song…next to Rafeah Buang’s and Al-Jawaher’s

That’s about it. Honestly, I’m in no mood to celebrate Raya. I really blame work. Oh well…I’m gonna cry my way to the bank now. Need to withdraw more money to give to the kids and the elderlies.

God! Why cant we adopt the Chinese “can-get-ang pow-because-not-married” custom?

Hah.

***
I just received a freaking bad news from the Egg Man. He wanted me to pass my manuscript to Tajudin of MOE in about 15 minutes’ time. HOW CAN? Tajudin is leaving office to buy kuih already! I am not fasting so…FUCKING CHEEBYEEEEEEE!

I called up The Taj to explain my predicament and said that I could pass the textbook manuscript proof to him on Friday morning, for he will be working on the second day of Hari Raya. Another problem. I AM NOT FREAKING WORKING ON THE SECOND DAY OF HARI RAYA!!!

I hate everything and everyone at this moment. Really. Super. Pissed. Off.


The Egg Man told me to forego my fucking Friday leave, asking me to make up for it next time. Right now, I have tears welling in my eyes. I took leave because it’s freaking Hari Raya. What’s next time to me?

So now the next best plan is to drag my sorry ass to MOE early Friday morning. Show The Taj the proof, let him sign it, go back to office and submit it to the useless “Labour” Department. By 1230hrs, I will go back home and resume sleeping. Because I will be sleeping, I shall not go visiting. If I do, you’ll see the longest face a person can have.


***

Anyway, Monday saw Lauren, Sha and I joining Liah for dinner. Yan B stood her up. In fact, he stood all of us up. Liah was pissed. He was the one who wanted the stupid dinner. Seriously, what kind of a man is this? God.

The period also came on Monday. That unfortunately means, I cant do the Hari Raya prayers tomorrow. I’ve been looking forward to it and now…man.

**
Just came back from lunch. CY and Dear managed to cheer me up and I’m not grumpy anymore. Well at least, not so much. Actually I think it’s most likely because I got to eat the siew mai and teh tarik. Muahahaha!
***

Okay..got to go. Will be back on Friday morning though. Selamat Hari Raya guys. See you soon.

Dengar-dengar itu bedok telah berbunyi
Sebulan puasa tamatlah hari ini
Lekaslah adikku hiaskan rumahmu
Biar serba baru untuk para tamu
Jangan kau lupa ketupat di dapur
Rendang di kuali jangan biar hangus

Cuba lihat itu kanak-kanak berlari
Di halaman rumah bermain bunga api

Bangunlah anakku pakai baju baru
Kawanmu semua telahpun menunggu
Dapatkan ayahanda sujud di kakinya
Serta jangan lupa nindamu kedua
Kita bermaaf dengan keikhlasan
Moga bertambah rahmat dari Tuhan

Dengar-dengar itu takbir sedang bergema
Hening dan mulia di pagi hari raya
- Bila Takbir Bergema, Rafeah Buang

###


No comments: