See these pictures from Saw II?


Very babi, right? I couldn’t take it, man…almost passed out.
Wait, maybe I did!
Like Lauren had mentioned, we did go to the gym BUT we didn’t work out. We just took a shower, then a food court dinner and then off we went to Balestier Plaza for the movie. We came in 10 minutes late but the movie had not started yet. Why? Because
The first movie got me so hooked and terrified at the same time. I did feel sleepy when it ended…Lauren even asked if I was still up for the second one. She herself was terrified and was grabbing my hand like nobody’s business. She likes me.
The second movie started very slowly. I think I nodded off at the beginning. The gore was there…but I think the plot was much better in the first instalment. Much, much better.
We then took a long walk to Thomson Road and then cabbed back home. I slept at 0400hrs (reading some magazines) and 2 hours later, I was up. Yes, 2 hours!

Tell me about it.
Meiling and I dragged ourselves to Thomson Road..to the Police Training Command for the NPCC Campcraft Competition briefing at 0745hrs. I was super super stoned and was drifting in and out of consciousness throughout the whole briefing. I almost fell off the chair if Meiling didn’t put her arms around me. Heh. What’s with these women, seriously!
Went lunch @ Bishan..went back home…slept from 1500hrs to 1830hrs. Somehow I was distracted by the Malay musical Muzika Ekstravaganza

(Ed's Note: At this juncture, an ubiquitous trance/techno music is ringing alarmingly in my head. Quick, get me light sticks!)
Met up with sharinah and we met weewee and her boyfriend at Zouk. Her ang moh friends were already there, queuing and were almost at the door. Weester and I got our passes and jumped queue…by joining her friends. No one stopped us or attempted to. Must be because of the ang mohs. Lucky the bouncers didn’t stop us from going in. But even if they stopped us, trust me, I would not kick up a bloody BIG FUSS like a certain local “celebrity”..xiaxue.
Oh…explain to me again how did Eileen Wee become famous? And oh, kudos to the bouncers. If I were in their shoes, I wouldn’t let anyone almost-famous got in scot-free either. Unless they’re Colin Farrell or Paris Hilton. Even then, they have to be nice. Or, recogniseable.


Anyway, weester left soon after…and then, all hell broke lose.
Girls 1 Losers 0
We were shuffling (because it was so crammed) when a group of malay mats came over and tried to squirm their way between sharinah and me. Those very young boys obviously thought they had lived long enough so they decided to “test” us by pulling our hands. Hah, wrong move, losers. Sharinah managed to smack one hand off and I did a little karate-chop. A very subtle one, okay! After that, we girls did a Paris/Nikki Hilton by just sticking damn close. Defeated, they walked away.
God.
We were so relieved. So much so, we began to dance like the Wayans on White Chicks.


Girls 2 Losers 0
Then out of nowhere, another group of kids came out and this time, it seemed like they were challenging. “Fuck, now what?” I groaned. It was not even 0030hrs and we were already tired of the crap. Like I mentioned, we were dancing like some orbit White Chicks then this group of “hiphop” guys came and wanted a “duel”? But somehow, they finally went away. And we…well, we got swept away by the crowd and landed in a new corner…for the umpteenth time.
Girls 2 High Man 1
As we were shuffling still, I felt a bum shaking vigorously down my back. I turned around and saw this huge ass
Girls 3 Losers 0
Damn. Another group. Refer to (Girls 1 Losers 0)
Damn irritating. No doubt I like Phuture…but when I am there, I remember why I avoid it in the first place. Les enfants terrible!
Our final escapade saw us having 2 sweet Chinese girls following us around. One kept dancing real close to me (at one point, she was literally stuck to me) and the other kept smiling at Sharinah. Damn, why do I always get this from women?
At 0245hrs, we couldn’t take the heat and our legs were giving way. I met Deli outside and he almost pulled me back into the club. Sorry, man…I’m getting too old for this. Sharinah and I then took a painfully slow walk to Mohd Sultan. There I met a couple of friends again. Couldn’t keep a conversation because I was too tired and deaf and incoherent. On the bus, we couldn’t sleep. We were just stoned.
Strangely, after a shower, I was wide awake. It was almost 0500hrs. I did a bit of reading and finally went to bed at 0700hrs with aching limbs. Slept all the way till 1530hrs, dead to the world.

Sunday sunday sunday...
Was 30 minutes late in meeting Liah. I was so sorry…damn lethargic and ultra sleepy still even though the meeting time was 1830hrs. Didn’t realise the MRT took an hour to reach Queenstown too. It took me 45 minutes to go buona vista in the morning.
Anyway, she was quite moody because I was late and because work gave her crap. I was still stoned so we didn’t talk much on the bus to IKEA. Thank God she lightened up once we were there.
I bought her the birthday gift…a full-length mirror.

And boy, I’ve never seen anyone so happy getting a mirror. My best friend is self-obsessed!
I almost bought this one

Then I remembered I had a full-length mirror at home and I didn’t want to be the self-obsessed best friend either. So I bought a quilt instead. I was too cheap to buy a quilt cover…I think I will ask the mother to make one instead.

BARBARIAN!
You are a barbarian, a very vicious, headstrong
heathen. On the good side your strength is
unmatched and most of the time you get what you
want.
What kind of fighter are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
After BK dinner, we took a cab back to Ang Mo Kio. We stopped at her car park and I helped her carry her stuff to the lift. Then I walked back home…still hobbling from the previous night’s clubbing.Tsk tsk tsk..
But first, I HAD to stop at the pasar malam. There was this stall selling VCD/DVDs. It had a corner selling damn old movies at $5 each. I picked out Akira Kurosawa’s Rashomon only to be told by the ah beng seller that the movie didn’t have English subtitles. Wah bloody fucker!
In the end I bought Citizen Kane and To Kill A Mockingbird . I spent a damn long time there. I had to choose between A Streetcar Named Desire or TKAMB. In the end, I bought the latter. I would love to buy all those classics by James Stewart, Marilyn Monroes and Audrey Hepburn. Heck, I was even tempted to buy Jesse James and How The West Was Won.
"Rosebud."
Then I went home and realised a mistake on the TKAMB DVD cover. It read:
GREGOTY PECK!
Chee bye!
P/S: The one-minute tribute applause to George Best was somewhat touching. Anyway, it was a great match and now, we’re second! We’re second!
###
No comments:
Post a Comment