





Tom: Aren't you scared you'll kill yourself if you crash?
Burt Munro: No... You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime. (from The World's Fastest Indian)
That line somehow struck a raw nerve and I ..err..cried. I couldn’t believe that I had shed tears just like that. It was not a tearjerker, in fact it was a witty and almost funny show to celebrate determination, hopes and dreams. And there I was sitting alone..cold and teary.
Throughout the whole show, I was wishing I had learnt how to ride a motorbike. If I could, you would probably read about me being hauled by the authorities for speed racing down at Johor. I would love the speed and the thrill of having wind in my face…and probably knocking my contact lenses out.
Anyway…back to the movie.
Beyond the buoyant and never-say-die ‘tude of The World’s Fastest Indian (Indian being the motorcycle, by the way), I saw the pessimism and melancholy behind the plot. An old man (Anthony Hopkins)..probably dying..struggling to achieve his lifelong dream. I sat there with a sick thought of wanting the man dead at the end of the show. Don’t ask why.
I asked meself:
Do I have to wait until I am that old to get to do what I really want?
Do I have to wait till I am covered in grey hair to fall in love?
How much am I willing to sacrifice to achieve my dream?
What the fuck do I really want out of this life?
See…what I love about movies is that they get me thinking. Sometimes, a little too much.
So I sat there watching and questioning myself simultaneously.
Sometimes, life can be so cruel.
I wanted to turn to my side and talk about it.
Then I realised I was alone in the theatre.
###
3 comments:
Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»
sheesh....what info was i providing, man?
Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»
Post a Comment