But anyway...








Am i the only one who thinks that Edmund Chen is the local cheena-fied version of Keanu Reeves? Anyway...I want a lake house too.
The show was a big absurd ball of schmaltz and confusion. Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves look gorgeous together (because both are old already. haha!) and true, the talk of waiting and longing makes a very strong romantic element. However, one cannot help but think why are they caught in this situation? Why is there a span of 2 years between them?
Why? Why? Why?
You may say it's just a movie...but come on!
However, ignoring the obnoxious time-machine confusion, Lake House is beautiful.To me, it reiterates the fact that if we strip love of its superficial absurdities, it is actually very simple and pure. There were indeed moments when I just wanted to blubber into Meiling's cardigan because I was hit with the same feeling that Kate (Sandra Bull-ock) was having. But I controlled. Yes Lauren, not a single tear dropped out although at some points, I wanted to just walk out of the cinema because my heart was aching very badly. My heart was practically shouting "I can't take this anymore! I can't take this anymore!"
I think unlike the Korean Il Mare version, Lake House ending is typical happy-ending kind of ending.Which was good for me cause any tragedy at the end would have probably left me in a wreck. Ah, the perils of a sensitive soul...gah!
So yeah...it's sad because I can imagine my life turning out to be like Kate's in a few years' time. Just waiting for something or someone to come by. And while waiting, I will just drag my feet doing whatever things that help time goes by. Maybe I have no patience. But at 26, I feel so old and tired.
Shall not go on.
It will be a great day and I shall not let a silly movie make me think so much.
Later, alligator.
(emailed)
###
3 comments:
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»
Post a Comment