Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Natural Born Trekker


Another tsunami has come to town!

...............

Came home at 2045hrs after a quick session at the salon. Had an extremely difficult and painful day today and was just waiting for it to end. Upon reaching home, I sat in the living room with the mother to catch this malay comedy cum variety show. The late comedian Ishak Ahmad, who passed away last week was in the show. Quite sad, actually. He was one of the better funny men and his jokes were usually intelligent parodies and satires. So yeah…quite sad to hear of his passing.

And imagine how the wife and kids felt when they switched on the TV to see their beloved hubby/father on the tube. These were the people who weren’t at his deathbed for he passed away in Jakarta…away for a shoot. Imagine.

Anyway, fatigue got the better of me and I fell asleep on the floor, still unwashed and bloody. Pissed that the mother didn’t wake me up and by the time I did so, it was almost midnight! Think I’ve hit the sleep quota for the night already. Got up, staggered to the bathroom and then eventually had dinner at 1230hrs.


Indeed.

Was chatting with BigBuffalo and we came down to interests. Told him that right now, I hadn’t found something which I want so badly. Was telling him how I didn’t think I could/would find something that interest me so much…not even writing. Uh oh. This is bad. Not when like I have just received my first writing assignment today. Mentioning that, I think I need to get a laptop.


Think tomorrow I will go to the library after work to start cracking on the assignment. Gaaah…I am tired thinking about it already. I rather watch a movie.

Maybe it’s the time-of-the-month talking…but right now, I have absolutely zero interest in anything. It’s like I am jaded or something. I am just going through life’s motions, hoping that something intriguing will come along. Was listening to BigBuffalo’s life enrichment plan and all I could do was to slump on my chair and listen in envy…with Sophie’s World and magazines and newspapers and DVDs unfinished.

…I don’t mind picking up pistol shooting…
…don’t mind wake boarding…
…don’t mind diving…
…don’t mind rock climbing…
…don’t mind kayaking…
…don’t mind this…
…don’t mind that…


But it’s hard to start when I know my financial condition is not stable at the moment. Heck it has never been stable! Okay, this must be the lamest excuse ever. But yeah..it sucks to think about money when all you want is to make your life more meaningful…more value-added.



I think deep down I know I excel the best when I am at the mercy of the world. Rough, rugged terrains of the stars, the moon, the sea, the land. Getting down and dirty…chest deep in mud, leech-bites, dirt on my shoulder, soggy wrinkled feet, straggly hair and chaffed hands, thighs … gimme all those. I live for those. You have no idea how ecstatic I was in Sabah, in Timor, in Ubin, at Brighton’s Seaford, at Taman Negara, MacRitchie, Bukit Timah, Java…anywhere where “sweaty” is the word of the day. I think I was Tarzan and Xena in some lives before…

ARGH!

Cannot lah…until I get to do that, you will forever hear me whine, kpkb my life away. Can someone please tell the parents that their eldest child is a spawn of Bigfoot? Meant to be lost and free to roam?

Child of the wild…think I was conceived when the parents were having a quickie in the open. Sheesh. Hippie parents.

A thousand times goodnight, suppressed souls. May one day, we will all be free to fly.


P/S: I really cant see how I am going to drag meself to work in my condition right now. Cant imagine going through another day without a cold drink. Not even cold ice water. The colleague asked me to see a gynae. Gynae, my foot.

###

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Ed RockStar said...

.......bloody spammers...

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»