Friday, July 14, 2006

Say say say!

A colleague, who looks just like Ida...dresses and acts like her (except she's at least a decade older), asked me out after work and I just told her I couldnt make it because I've got plans. I teased her, saying that next time, she would have to book me at least 3 days. She replied, "Sorry ah...I dont believe in people schedule." Or something like that.

Hmm....

Do I believe in people scheduling? Theoretically and maybe due to past job hazards, I have to stick to schedules because otherwise my life will go out of control. But that apply to my work. What about friends?

Clara mentioned the other night that I am the sort that she could call anytime for a meal..a movie..or just a walk. She said I'm a spontaneous one. That's good, in a way. BUT it is better, personally at least, to have at least a few days ahead planned. Then like that, I can make my days useful/productive/enjoyable (pick whichever). It is good to have things planned and also having a contingency plan in case something fails to materialise. i dont know...I dont like to stay idle.

What?
Did I mention "I dont like to stay idle"?

To me, walking in the park, watching TV, going to the beach,fishing, kite-flying, etc is not being idle. Those are all activities. Idle is sitting on my sofa and staring into space, feeling dreadful that I am not doing something on a beautiful day. Sleeping is ALMOST idling to me, Hence, you see I seldom sleep. You disagree with me but hey...that's your opinions, voice them to someone who cares. Heh.

So back to my colleague.

Yeah..I guess I beg to differ. I believe in people scheduling. I believe in spending time with people and planning it to make it a quality session. I believe in planning because it can provide buffers. It can also provide rooms for negotiations and that increases human interaction. One of the very very few reasons that I dont like about last minute stuff is that...its sincerity is sometimes questioned. It's like "Why are you asking me out?" Am I the 5th person you asked? Are you feeling bored and in need of someone to amuse you? Because there are no other people who want to spend with you? Because it's convenient?

Of course those questions do not surface most of the time. But you know..possible reasons.

Okay I crap too much. It's back to work.

P/S: Friday...and I am in and out of love.

(emailed)


###

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»