There's a face that I used to see
There's a picture with you by my side
There's a moment that I want to find
I don't know where to start
Or how to begin
But I know I love you still
If you ever turn away
If you ever change your mind
If the road ahead becomes too hard to climb
If there's something in your heart
That tells you to stop
Oh to hold you close tonight
I'd wait for life
There's a voice shouting inside my head
There's a space on your side of the bed
There's a hope every time there's a sound
There's a silence that's playing too loud
I don't know where you are
Or how you may be
But I know I love you still
If you ever turn away
If you ever change your mind
If the road ahead becomes too hard to climb
If there's something in your heart
That tells you to stop
Oh to hold you close tonight
I'd wait for life
If I close my eyes
I'll dream a little deeper baby
'Cause you are always on my mind
Yeah you are always on my mind
For life – I’d Wait For Life, Take That
I feel kind of stupid for putting this song because ..you know, there’s no one in particular that I'm pining for. But hey, the song is nice and well, in a way, I’ll wait. Even if it’s for life. Humph. I’m sure it’s worth it.
It better be, right?
8-)
Anyway, Rae and I caught this show at the Preview Theatre yesterday. Obviously I haven’t started on the review yet. Maybe after this…or tomorrow. Ah, tomorrow sounds good.



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
HOOKED ON YOU has a retro feel to it and that’s not a bad thing. HK singer Eason Chan and Miriam Yeung take the lead as a pair of rivals-turn-partners. A
The movie doesn’t have a fairytale ending and that catches me by surprise. It is not a typical love story either, although HOY is promoted as a romantic-comedy. To me, it’s more like a satire on Hong Kong’s development and the attitude and mindset of the HKongers during the changing years of 1997-2007 ..the handover, the SARS and so on.
(Do you remember Michael Hui Kun Man? Of the 3 crazy-shit Hui brothers? Well, Michael used to direct too and Hooked On You is similar to the societal satires Hui used to make.)
Somehow I was expecting Lydia Sum to come out as a fishball auntie and Stephen Chow as tofu seller or something…I don’t know, both of them are almost synonymous to all the mo lei tau / gau m daap baat (I know my Cantonese!) HK comedies that I’ve grown up with. Oh well, good show.
Hooked On You is recommended…especially to the single girls who are fast approaching 30 and don’t mind a Chinese movie or two. But of course, watch this ONLY after you catch Eye In The Sky. That show is still the shit – by that, I mean “good”. Sheesh.
Had quite an interesting day today but ah, enough about me.
..
.. (twiddle thumbs)
..
.. (watch grass grows)
..
Right.
Okay, think I need to start on my work.
Did I say “work”?
Am servicing the NPCC HQ (they are my el-cheapo clients..great) now. The project started in March when we had the meetings, planning and stuff. HQ is doing a complete overhaul in syllabus and training and it needs to come up with new manuals, directives, CD-Rom, instructional videos, textbooks and handbooks. Yeah…just like school.
As if teachers and students don’t have enough of this shit everyday, right?
Why are CCAs so serious and no longer fun?
Anyway, my duties are to assist in the filming. That was completed in May. The project leader said that I would then edit all the rough text/manuscripts and all. I spent the entire month of May and almost the whole of June waiting for people to finish drafting the text so that I could edit them. Besides, like I told them earlier...my June is open.
I waited like fuck.
No one updated me with shit and then BAM! I received 11 chapters yesterday. And from the sound of it, the leader wanted me to complete it within a few days. Yeah, right. Am still waiting for a few more people to pass me their work. It’s almost July now. They want to complete this whole thing by September? Oh bitch, please!
It sucks when they don’t regard you as a professional…and more towards the I-know-you-you-know-me kind of deal. And it sucks when you always agree to help. Pooh.
A thousand times goodnight, cheapo suckers.
P/S: Like omigod?! It’s like Hong Kong is like.. like one more like week like away! Girl friends!
P/P/S: Wrestler Chris Benoit is dead. So are his wife and his son. Apparently he killed them..before killing himself. I always know that these WWE guys are freaky.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment