Man: Oh yeah, we have to browse blogs and lookout if our clients are featured and stuff.
Ed: Oh, I see. Do you also do it to share information with clients ..things like that?
Man: Oh no..we don’t do that. Hmm…you don’t blog do you?
Noooo…you don’t say.
The place
Had an interview somewhere near Ann Siang Hill. It turned out fine until the man asked when I could start work. Told him 1st week of July was hard but he said “Oh dear. That can be a problem cause the staff is leaving on that week. But…well…you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.”
And with that…I think I can safely say that what I have to do now is to find another job. It’s okay. God works in mysterious ways. And nah…I shall not forfeit the Hong Kong trip. Yes, I have my priorities screwed up like that.
After the interview, I decided to take a walk around Ann Siang/Tanjong Pagar area. I remember I loved doing that with Lao Lee when we were *ahem* much younger and freer. Anyway, the heel-ed feet were beginning to get achy and the toes were developing blisters. God, no…..
Two more..adding to the sliced thumb.
Took a train down to Orchard and decided to go to Borders. Was planning to catch a movie at Cineleisure at about 1730hrs and since it was only 1600hrs, I decided to do a bit of reading. Well….Victoria Beckham’s That Extra Half An Inch caught my eyes.
By the way..the title is referring to heels.

Not a bad book, actually.
VB has humour and her words *surprise surprise* do make sense.
Respect!
'I've always been a girls' girl. And I know from experience that making the very best of yourself is something any woman can do. I was never the six-foot-tall pin-up. I've always been the girl-next-door who got lucky. I've come a long way in the last ten years, but this book isn't my attempt to tell you what or what not to do. It's just to share some of what I've learned.' - Victoria BeckhamNo..at $50+ it is still too much to indulge on.
So like other self-respecting cheapos, I read it till the end, free of charge, thank you.
At about 1700hrs, I hobbled to Cineleisure. I wanted to catch Infamous and when I checked the timing again (I saved it in my phone), I realised it was 1710hrs…and not 1730hrs. Bloody hell. Managed to reach Cineleisure at about 1715hrs (What? Them feet hurt! Real bad!) and missed a bit off the beginning. Still, no biggie.
Been wanting to catch this.
Bloody blisters couldn’t stop me.









Stars galore…Daniel Craig, Isabella Rossellini, Sigourney Weaver, Jeff Daniels, Gwyneth Paltrow, Toby Jones and oh..Sandra Bullock!
INFAMOUS is a damn good show. Yes, it is almost the same as last year’s Capote but oh, this is better. Toby Jones, to me, makes a better Truman Capote as he portrays the flamboyance and the effervescence better than Seymour-Hoffman.
“So you think your book is worth a human life?” Marella Agnelli
Capote’s character speaks better in Infamous. That makes it better for the audience cause it definitely helps to hear and understand what the actor is saying. Although the movie Capote has subtlety, Infamous is grittier and mostly funnier. Unlike Capote…where the crime is given more emphasis, in Infamous, it is the relationship between death-row-bound Perry Smith (Daniel Craig looking like Lou Diamond Philip here) and Capote that runs the plot.
Anyway I truly enjoyed INFAMOUS and as much as I hoped to have company with me so that we could bask in the clever repartee between Capote and friends, I was glad I dragged meself to the cinema alone, blisters and all. It is definitely one of the best shows I have seen so far this year and I know I wont forgive myself if I had given it a miss. Yes it is that good.
To me, at least.
In INFAMOUS, it is mentioned that a bit of a writer dies whenever he/she comes up with a work. As a writer always gives his all to his work, it seems that a bit of him dies or diminishes….being consumed by the work done. That got me thinking.
I must have died a long time ago.
Hahaha.
Oh well. Funny that I pride myself as a writer when I only have this blog as a “masterpiece”. INFAMOUS inspires me to write a book. But I cant seem to lay a finger to any title, plot, genre or language. I would love to re-live my scripwriting days back in poly…but somehow, I havent got the inspiration.
Oh well.
Back then, my lecturer Ken Burslem had requested for a weekly progress. Being the good nerdy student that I was, I stuck to the deadline given. I guess to me…discipline does play a part in being inspired. Man..I need to be disciplined now. Somebody? Anybody?
Heh.
Crappity crap.
Shambled to John Little at the Specialist’s Centre after the movie cause I needed to get shampoo. The $10 voucher Ah Lau gave me came in real handy. Of course, the Great Singapore Sale was a real bonus too. Don’t we all love the month of June in Singapore?
Don’t we?
Don’t we?
Receive an sms invitation from Noreen while I was browsing through shampoo bottles. She invited the gurlies over to her new place. I limped to the MRT…to home and was so so so relieved to have my feet free from they suffering. Took a quick bite and a much needed shower and then headed down to meet Liah and Weiling before heading over to Noreen’s.
Didn’t take any pictures there..silly me. But will definitely do so next time. Noreen, your house is superbly cosy and chic and I can only sigh in envy. Hahahaha.
Hey, girls, I foresee a new hangout place in Ang Mo Kio!
Awrite.
Sleep.
A thousand times goodnight, blistered writers who died for their art.
P/S: Nothing. Forgotten.
###
2 comments:
hey you seriously looking for new job?!! thought u love being a teacher and educator.. hee hee..
well, i hope you have success than i do...
i'm too bump out from not gettin that call...
anyway deary thanks for the hugs.
ps: seen ocean 13.. sigh clooney so yummie..
=:O)
well MOE/NIE dont want me and I cant depend on $70 a day as a relief teacher for the rest of my life, can I.. it's sad to stop especially when i am getting the hang of it. but ah...need to move on. badly.
yeah..read abt the no-call. nvm lah...i am sure there are many other chances for us all.
ps: brad pitt is yummier.
Post a Comment