Tuesday, June 12, 2007

SpongeBob in Crabby Patty Fanta-sea

Sunday was supposed to be spent fondue-ing at Sharinah’s. But the previous night’s Shrek-ing and sexcapade escapade proved a bit too tiring. So I decided to stay at home.

Right.

At 1530hrs, Ah Lau arranged for a meal out with Lao Lee. The destination? That famous crab place in front of the alma mater. Yeah, the one with the infamous queue…Mellben Seafood.


The place.

Lao Lee, Ah Lau and I reached at around 1715hrs and yeah…it was pretty early for dinner, even more so considering I had ..err..brunch at 1500hrs. However, it had to be done in order to beat the crowd. There was already a queue forming when we got to our seats. It was my first time there. Quite amazed that a humble coffeeshop in Ang Mo Kio could garner such an attention.

Respect, Mellben. Represent!

We ordered man tous (fried buns), chilli crab and the famous crab bee hoon. Waited quite a while for the food. As I was twiddling my thumbs, I turned to other tables and saw some spectacular sights.




Thought to meself…woah, this is going to be good.
So I waited…and waited…and waited.
Waited from being not hungry…
..to being crazy and almost dying of anticipation.
The food came.
Eventually.


Heaven in a pair of pincers!

We broke into sporadic silence as each devoured crab meat…after crab meat.. after crab meat. The man tous dipped into the chili gravy was delicious too. I got so excited, engrossed and barbaric at the same time. So much so that I sliced my thumb. But ah, just sucked out the blood (it tasted yummy with chili anyway) and hey, continued crabbing.

Thank you Ah Lau for the Burnol and plaster.




Oh yes, we did cook up a bloody big mess and urgh..tab.
$70+ in total. Yes, Ed. So much for curbing. Am broke now. Again.
But it was oh-so-bloody worth it.


In fact I woke up on Monday pining for more crabs.

Then I had to jab my sliced finger to stop the alarming clock from ringing. That kind of reminded me that crabbing could be painful.

Painful but oh so orgasmic.

Hmmm…that sounds like some people having sex for the first time.

###

No comments: