
Slept like a baby...not.
Parade ended at about noon and the OC decided to treat the instructors. So Jiemin, Jieshun, Peishan and I bundled into his car and we headed to Northpoint’s Swensens. Well…a free lunch is hard to come by..no?
Got home totally shagged out at about 1530hrs. Had to meet the SF people at 1800hrs at Clarke Quay and so I was trying very hard not to fall asleep. Well..i failed and only managed to wake up 2 hours later.
Sheesh…late again.
Met CY2, Adrian, Alfian and Weiqiang for dinner at Manhattan Fish Market restaurant. The latter will be enlisting in NS this Tuesday so this gathering was somewhat to wish him all the best or something. Anyway the place was a Fish & Co rip off but I guess, it didn’t matter as long as I had good company. That was of course until the “masseuse” incident (see yesterday’s post) came about. Ah, oh well.

Nah…am still a fan of Fish & Co.
We walked to Orchard after that and at OG I broke away cause I needed to get a jacket. Took a long time there and then hopped over to Robinsons’ to look for more stuff but the place was about to close. Dragged my feet to eventually meet Lauren and Grace at Wisma. We then headed to Lido.










SHREK 3 was h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s! It is a bloody riot! I was laughing so hard cause it is so silly and ridiculous and it is bo-liao/wu-liao kind of funny. There are so many subtle references in Shrek 3…references to other movies and fairy tale fables (Sound of Music, Monty Python, The Six Million Dollar Man, Snow White, etc) and the lines are witty. The use of pop/rock songs is also very smart. McCartney’s Live And Let Die? Hilarious!
Shrek 3 is definitely not for kids. I mean, the dialogues are full of sarcasm and the word play seems to hard for kids to understand. But that makes it all the more fun for the adults to watch. Unfortunately…judging from the reaction from the rest, many adults didn’t get it either.
The part where we see Gingy’s life passes him by is uproarious. And when Snow White transforms into a tattooed, Chris Angel-liked psycho, I laughed so hard I almost broke a rib.
Cheerleader: Ahem. This is like totally embarrassing, but my friend Tiffany thinkest thou affects her so soothly and she thought perchance thou would want to ask her to the homecoming dance or something.
Shrek: Excuse me?
Cheerleader: It's like whatever. She's just totally into college guys and mythical creatures and stuff.
……
Snow White: Right! Ladies, assume the position!
[Sleeping Beauty falls asleep, Rapunzel sits on a high stool with her braid trailing, Snow White lies down in her coffin pose, and Cinderella seats herself on the floor gazing dreamily into space]
Princess Fiona: What are you doing?
Snow White: [exasperated] Waiting to be rescued!
…..
Prince Charming: You! You can't lie! Where is Shrek?
Pinocchio: Well, uh, I don't know where he's not.
Prince Charming: You don't know where Shrek is?
Pinocchio: On the contrary,
Prince Charming: So you do know where he is!
Pinocchio: I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that I undeniably
Prince Charming: Stop it!
Pinocchio: Do or do not know where he shouldn't probably be. If that indeed wasn't where he isn't!
To me, Shrek 3 is the best out of the lot. Spider-Man 3, Ocean’s 13, Pirates of the Caribbean 3…well, Shrek’s the best.
Oh!
There is a sad part in Shrek 3 and it is highlighted with a very heartbreaking song. Almost had the urge to tear there. The song is not featured in the soundtrack. What a pity. It is so beautiful.
Leave me out with the waste
This is not what I do
It's the wrong kind of place
To be thinking of you
It's the wrong time
For somebody new
It's a small crime
And I've got no excuse
Is that alright with you?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
That alright with you?
If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright with you?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright with you?
With you.
Leave me out with the waste
This is not what I do
It's the wrong kind of place
To be cheating on you
It's the wrong time
but she's pulling me through
It's a small crime
And I've got no excuse
Is that alright with you?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright with you?
If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright with you?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright
Is that alright with you?
Is that alright?
Is that alright?
Is that alright with you?
Is that alright?
Is that alright?
Is that alright with you?
No... - 9 Crimes, Damien Rice
And the heart aches…
Yeah Lauren…even Shrek has moved on. Ah!
A trip to the beach ensued after the movie. And we just hung out in the car. Took a trip to the petrol kiosk to have a car wash.
Ed: You know what..
Lauren: What?
Ed: You know you’re pathetic when you go to a carwash just to check out men…
Lauren: Ah..men washing cars..
Ed: Men with soap suds….
Uh oh.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment