Sunday, June 03, 2007

Dirty dancing Saturday night

Watching Dirty Dancing Havana Night…ah, I want to dance Mambo. No…not Zouk mambo. The real Mambo. And ah… why is Diego Luna so yummy? He and Gael Garcia Bernal. Are all Mexican men so hot? La cucaracha!




Aye caramba!


Was reading Ismail’s blog and he posted this link about which-song-topped-the-chart-on-which-day. Kind of cool…so maybe can be like a copy-pussy and have it here. But dammit Jason. You beat me to it.


JANUARY 20
The #1 song in the U.S.A. on this date in history, according to Billboard magazine.

THE 2000s
2007 ... "Irreplaceable" by Beyoncé

(one of the best from Miss Knowles!)

2006 ... "Grillz" by Nelly featuring Paul Wall, Ali & Gipp
(I love Nelly…but not into this one)

2005 ... "Let Me Love You" by Mario
(smooth…and I said I don’t like RnB. Strange)

2004 ... "Hey Ya!" by OutKast
(badass song. Power de ma…)

2003 ... "Lose Yourself" by Eminem
(ah my favourite white rapper and this was one of his best)

2002 ... "U Got It Bad" by Usher
(ah monkey-face! Nice..but I just want him to dance….)

2001 ... "Independent Women Part I" by Destiny's Child
(I sang this in the toilet when I was 21! I wanna be Drew!)

2000 ... "What a Girl Wants" by Christina Aguilera
(love Aguilera..hated this song)

THE 1990s
1999 ... "Have You Ever?" by Brandy

(I like..i like..so emo)

1998 ... "Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden
(yucks..sappy sissy fucks. Don’t like. Rot in hell)

1997 ... "Un-Break My Heart" by Toni Braxton
(oh I love this song. Hated Braxton’s lips)

1996 ... "One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men
(I don’t really like this one unfortunately)

1995 ... "On Bended Knee" by Boyz II Men
(love this one..sang this to Chee Wing when he broke his legs)

1994 ... "All for Love" by Bryan Adams/ Rod Stewart/ Sting
(nice back then..ODed..and now plain gross)

1993 ... "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston
(LOVE this one..not a fan of the crackhead tho)

1992 ... "All 4 Love" by Color Me Badd
(P6 dancing to this…nostalgia)

1991 ... "The First Time" by Surface
(no recollection)

1990 ... "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" by Michael Bolton
(how could a 10 year old relate to a long haired man whining about being dumped? Hated it)

THE 1980s
1989 ... "Two Hearts" by Phil Collins

(I am not a fan and he is damn cheesy)

1988 ... "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson
(ah..this was a nice one..when he was a man)

1987 ... "At This Moment" by Billy Vera & the Beaters
(no recollection. Must be sucky)

1986 ... "That's What Friends Are For" by Dionne & Friends
(so cheesy it was good)

1985 ... "Like a Virgin" by Madonna
(I like Madonna! My uncle taught me dance steps to this!)

1984 ... "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes
(This one…my mother introduced this to me. Stuck till now)

1983 ... "Down Under" by Men at Work
(who doesn’t like this? I come from a land down under..women glow and men chunder)

1982 ... "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John
(my mother dressed me up like ONJ in this MTV..leggings, headscarf..shudder)

1981 ... "(Just Like) Starting Over" by John Lennon
(eponymous…I love this song. I love Lennon)

1980 ... "Rock with You" by Michael Jackson
(I like. When he was still a man….)


How come there are no rock songs????
American chart sucks,



An Indonesian friend has been sms-ing me for the past few days. Not answering will be rude. But aiyah…don’t know what to say also.

Friday was a tiring day. Couldn’t get to sleep and by the time I did, it was 0400hrs and I had to wake up in 3.5 hours’ time.



Braved the stifling mid morning heat and made my way to Katong for the interview. Took a bus which stopped not exactly near. Had to walk for about 10 minutes. Didn’t really get a good vibe and I didn’t think I fitted the bill. What the hell…why did they even call me up in the first place? Anyway East Coast Road/Katong is a really cool place. But ah, travelling will be such a pain in the ass.

Went to town (direct bus) to buy some stuff for Grace and eventually dragged my heavy bag and heels home. Had to refrain from sleeping lest I miss the birthday gathering in the evening. At 1700hrs I made my way to Choa Chu Kang to meet Nani. Followed her to Mustafa Centre as she needed to change money. After that, we still had some time…so we hung out at Andrew’s place before making our way to Dempsey Road’s Samy’s Curry to meet the rest of the fellow “Indian” Moonies.


Grace – Sai Baba
Susan – Kavitha
Nani - Bhavini
Sean – Govinda
Ed - Amendeep
Tini – Gayatri
Joanne - Kajol
Lauren – Sushila
Jason – Shah Rukh
Ismail – Nathan
Sha would have been Anuratha if she had joined


I didn’t have the pictures and besides, shutterfly is having some problems. Will post the pictures soon.

Dinner was soon followed by a “lepak” session at Shiraz (this Persian joint) at The Cannery. After making merry among ourselves and with the belly dancer, we all left for home…before convening at Grace’s place at around 0200hrs (sans Bhavini, Gayatri and Nathan). We had late supper of McDonalds’ delivered to the door step and well, had a hearty time eating again. Shah Rukh sprawled dead on the floor and soon Amendeep and Sushila joined in.

The rest?
Mahjong…what else.


They played till 0600hrs.
I was totally dead.

Oh well.

Planned to go Ubin for the camp but obviously it didn’t materialize. Was supposed to bring in a birthday cake for Cik Zainuri but had to can it. Didn’t go NPCC…and I didn’t even go to my last class. I was that tired.

And I still am.

On the corner of main street
Just tryin’ to keep it in line
You say you wanna move on and
You say I’m falling behind
Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

I never really gave up on
Breakin’ out of this two-star town
I got the green light
I got a little fight
I’m gonna turn this thing around
Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

The good old days, the honest man;
The restless heart, the Promised Land
A subtle kiss that no one sees;
A broken wrist and a big trapeze
Oh well I don’t mind, you don’t mind
Cause I don’t shine if you don’t shine
Before you go, can you read my mind?

It’s funny how you just break down
Waitin’ on some sign
I pull up to the front of your driveway
With magic soakin’ my spine
Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

The teenage queen, the loaded gun;
The drop dead dream, the Chosen One
A southern drawl, a world unseen;
A city wall and a trampoline
Oh well I don’t mind, you don’t mind
Cause I don’t shine if you don’t shine
Before you go
Tell me what you find when you read my mind

Slippin’ in my faith until I fall
You never returned that call
Woman, open the door, don’t let it sting
I wanna breathe that fire again

She said
Oh well I don’t mind, you don’t mind
Cause I don’t shine if you don’t shine

Put your back on me
Put your back on me
Put your back on me

The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds
Cut out of the sun
When you read my mind
(The Killers)


A thousand times goodnights, merry makers and shape shifters.

###

No comments: