Friday, June 22, 2007

Fly to the moon, play among the stars

Ed: Hey..had dinner with Clara at the airport just now.
Lia: How is she?
Ed: Ok ah. She got to know a Malay guy at work and haha I think he likes her!
Lia: That’s good… Lelaki melayu dah tak suka malay girls lah
Ed: I guess so…oh well. Now that *Weiling is already attached, the Malay guys will go for Clara.
Lia: I still want to get married you know
Ed: I know..I know…
Lia: I still want Chinese men.
Ed: Then I take Orang Dayak…or orang Africa sakai…yang tak pakai baju.


*Weiling was the one who always..always got picked up by Malay men.


Any naked jungle tribesman who wants to marry me?


Beggars can’t be choosers.
Sigh…


Headed to Breeks @ Changi Airport just now with Clara. The place was quiet and nice…good place to have a nice conversation. But ah, it didn’t matter to me. What mattered was human contact. Could have gone crazy being in the house…deprived of sunshine and civilisation. The fact that I had to keep my door close (renovation work next door) made it worse. Damn claustrophobic, man.

After dinner, with a sundae in hand, we made our way to the viewing mall. Sigh…so much for technology and refurbishment, the only thing we were viewing were the (top) heads of the people who had checked in. Aeroplanes? What aeroplanes?

Anyway T2’s viewing mall is no longer welcoming. It kind of reminds me of being at the hospital. All bright, shiny and cold. What a stark difference from the passenger lounge below. Oh well. We’re just the travel-less minions looking in..or down. Gah! I want to fly!

Fly, birdie fly!


Evs.


The father is being wanderlusty again. The other day, he asked me about Hong Kong. I swear it almost sounded as if he wanted to follow me there. That day he also asked me “What’s the season in Perth now?”

“Winter…gonna be spring soon.”
“Ah…that means it is like 5 degrees in the morning, right?”
“Yeah something like that.”
“Hmmm…nice.”
“Yeah yeah…spring is better. Flowers will bloom.Breezy. Colourful.”
“Hmmm…nice. Want to go back Perth again?”



What!



Show of hands...
Who *hearts* Perth?


Then I had visions of the Australian Embassy and its Visa Officers before me. The thought of going back there to settle my forever-problematic visa made me sick. Erks. Enough of Aussie for the time being, please!

We are watching Globe Trekker right now on Channel 16. He is bugging me with questions about New Zealand. All of which I answered with “I don’t know, I havent been there!” Man…think he is planning another one in end July/August. And by “planning”, it means, he will bug me to do research, make decisions, choose agents, bug agents and settle all logistics.

Sheesh.
Think I’ll just be the family’s travel coordinator and guide.
That’s self-employment for you.
Guess the father will provide for my CPF contributions then.
Humph.


A thousand times goodnight, creedence clearwater revivals and muddy waters.



P/S: The mother said she wanted to send the sister to an arts school in Perth. Then she said she would accompany her there. I asked “You cant stay there long, you know.” “Why,” she asked. “Because you are on tourist visa!” I said. “Hah? You mean I cannot become like study mama??” What the hell….the parents are obsessed in getting to Perth.


P/P/S: Since when have we been this wanderlusty? Rewind 10 - 15 years back, we all had trouble making ends meet!


###

No comments: