Sunday, June 24, 2007

I'm not cool, we ain't cool



Never Date a Capricorn
Somber, demanding, and freakishly logical. Emotions? It's not clear that Capricorn has them.
And while it may be flattering for a Capricorn to be serious about you, bad news: they expect you to be super serious in return.

Instead try dating: Aquarius, Gemini, Leo, or Virgo



Geez, I’m a Capricorn.
No wonder.

Awrite, enough.

Yesterday was spent almost entirely at home. When the sister got home at about 2245hrs, I was complaining of how bored I was. She too was bummed out cause her boyfriend was out with his camp mates and her friends cancelled their plan last minute. So at 2300hrs, we went downstairs…to the bank..and then to McDonalds cause both of us had no dinner. Then had the parents, who went for a formal dinner at Suntec, joined us. Past midnight, the parents went home, while the sister and I walked to a neighbourhood store near my house to find Ben N Jerry’s. Hah.


Bo liao.

Am watching ALMOST FAMOUS now. Unbelievable. I woke up and tada…one of my top 5 movies is right in front of my eyes. Never fails to touch, this show. It’s all happening!




Like I’ll never get sick of Trainspotting, A Clockwork Orange, Romeo and Juliet and Dead Poets Society, I will never get sick of Almost Famous. The romanticism, journalism, Rollin' Stones magazine and the fucking wonderful 70s and …eurgh…sex, drugs and rock and roll?


Penny Lane: I always tell the girls, never take it seriously, if ya never take it seriosuly, ya never get hurt, ya never get hurt, ya always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

….

Lester Bangs: You CANNOT make friends with the rock stars. That's what's important. If you're a rock journalist - first, you will never get paid much. But you will get free records from the record company. And they'll buy you drinks, you'll meet girls, they'll try to fly you places for free, offer you drugs... I know. It sounds great. But they are not your friends. These are people who want you to write sanctimonious stories about the genius of the rock stars, and they will ruin rock and roll and strangle everything we love about it.



Man.
Deep words, deep words.


Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

Jesus freaks out in the street
Handing tickets out for God
Turning back she just laughs
The boulevard is not that bad

Piano man he makes his stand
In the auditorium
Looking on she sings the songs
The words she knows, the tune she hums

But oh how it feels so real
Lying here with no one near
Only you and you can hear me
When I say softly, slowly

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
you had a busy day today

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

– Tiny Dancer, Elton John


Am off for a walk in the sun.
Havent seen it in ages.
Later..Mona Lisas and madhatters.

###

No comments: